September 9/09 13:41 pm - Cycling and MultiSport Centre Opening in Etobicoke
Posted by Editoress on 09/9/09
ISM Health & Wellness is proud to announce the upcoming opening of its new 2500 square foot cycling and multi-sport training centre in October 2009. Located at 230 Browns Line in Etobicoke, Ontario, it is a kilometer south of the QEW and Gardiner, just 15 minutes from Oakville, Mississauga, and downtown Toronto.
The ISM Cycling Program is designed to work towards facilitating athletic growth and development in specific cycling disciplines, preparing athletes for competition or improved performance and just overall wellness and general fitness.
Athletes of this program will learn the fundamentals of cycling, which will allow them to master cycling specific disciplines from road to track, mountain bike and cyclo-cross, triathlon as well as cross-training for other endurance sports. Athletes will range in ability from beginner, to competitive athletes, to national team riders and include a variety of ages and backgrounds.
Athletes will take part in fully coached sessions and are required to have their own bike, rollers and/or trainer, and heart rate monitors are strongly recommended. It is also recommended that Athletes bring proper footwear for core strength and agility training.
The program will be coached by an experience certified NCCP cycling coach, who will tailor each session to meet the goals of the varied athletes. The periodized training program will provide focused work-outs that will work through the key elements athletes need to build on their current fitness and get stronger, faster, and more agile, while providing a social and motivating atmosphere. Storage will be provided for bikes and trainers for the first 40 athletes to register.
* Tuesday and Thursday’s from 7:15 to 9:15pm.
* Sunday, 9 am to 11 am.
o Some Sunday rides will take place outside (weather dependant)
The program will run from October 13th to April 29th, 2010
* Program cost is $995.00 for the 29 week cycling program. Early Bird registration is $850.00. Deadline for Early Bird registration is September 30th, 2009.
* Program Orientation Tuesday Sept. 28 at 7:00pm and Sunday, Oct. 4 at 10 am
Athletes of all ages, including those under the age of 18, are encouraged to join and all profits will benefit junior cycling development.
Additional program benefits will be offered, including:
* Individualized Cycling Programs.
* Individualized Strength Programs provided by Olympic Gold Medal hurdler Mark McKoy.
* Individualized Testing, Nutrition and Sport Psychology with professionals who work with national team and professional athletes.
* Massage, Chiropractic and Physiotherapy sessions with sport specific specialists.
For more information on the program please visit this website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org