Posted by Editoress on 06/1/10
The Canadian Cycling Association will be organizing a Women's Endurance Training Camp at the Forest City Velodrome, London, Ontario, July 9 - 11. Elite and junior female road, track and mountain bike athletes interested in participating should contact Track Coordinator Petrina Tulissi (email@example.com) by June 22nd.
There will be a limited number of spots for this camp. Please apply early. The CCA reserves the right to increase or decrease the size of this project. It is open to all Elite and Junior female athletes with a valid UCI licence. NOTE: No prior track experience is required. Bikes will be supplied to those who need them.
The following will be taken into consideration when selecting camp participants: Athletes who supply a written expression of interest outlining their goals for future participation in the CCA's track program. The expression of interest must be received by Petrina Tulissi no later than Monday June 22nd.
This project has been put in place to provide an opportunity for all endurance female athletes to gain experience at the track in a supportive environment. Objectives include:
• To expand the pool of female endurance athletes competing on the track.
• To identify athletes who may be interested in competing in the Women's Team Pursuit.
• To build upon CCA's successful track program.
• Friday, July 9th - arrive in London; familiarization with the track, drills; sports psych seminar
• Saturday, July 10th - track training (drills, timed laps); physiological testing; nutrition seminar
• Sunday, July 11th - track training; depart in the afternoon
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|