November 1/10 19:14 pm - CCA Junior Track Program 2010-11
Posted by Editoress on 11/1/10
The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) has released a schedule outlining the CCA Junior Track program for 2010-11. The main objectives of the program are:
1. To create a national team pool of junior track riders
2. To provide consistent junior-specific group training camps to advance the calibre of junior track riders to an international level
3. To select athletes to represent Canada for targeted international projects (e.g. Pan Am Games, Junior Track Worlds)
Athletes who will be 16, 17, and 18 years old on December 31, 2011 are eligible for consideration for this program. The program is for both males and females, in sprint and endurance events.
The following camp & race schedule will be used to identify and select athletes from across Canada.
* Please note that attendance at every camp is not mandatory for consideration for selection to projects. Each athlete should consult their coach, and is encouraged to consult a National Team Track Coach, to plan their 2011 season.
Blue = Forest City Velodrome, London, ON
Red = Burnaby National Training Centre, Vancouver, BC
5th-7th: Training Camp
19th -21st: FCV Junior International Training & Race Weekend
26th-27th: CanAmQue Challenge Race Nights
11th-14th: Training Camp with Bare Bones Racing Weekend
Date TBA: FCV Christmas Camp
27th-30th: Burnaby Camp/4-Day Race
28th – 30th: FCV Winter Nationals
TBA: Warm weather training camp
Date TBA: March Break Track Camp, Los Angeles, CA.
**This will serve as the final camp for selection to Junior Pan Am Track Championships and World Junior Track Championships**
Date TBA: Pre-Pan American Championships Training Camp
Date TBA: Junior Pan American Championships
Date TBA: Pre-Track Worlds Training Camp
10th-15th: Junior Track World Championships
The purpose of these camps is to keep motivation high for our Junior athletes. After a great national championship we are looking to keep building the depth of riders that will push everyone to work harder and faster in the coming year. With such great potential we would like to provide the most opportunities that we can to help develop riders to best prepare for the 2011 Junior Worlds and Junior Pan Am Championships.
If you have more questions please email Track Coordinator Sara Poutanen at Sara.Poutanen@canadiancycling.com.
* At a later date, other Canadian velodromes may offer additional programming to compliment the already existing camps which fall into our development scheme.