Posted by Editor on 12/17/10
The Alberta Bicycle Association (ABA) is the affiliated Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) of the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA). It operates under the authority of the world governing body of all cycling's many sports, the Union Cycliste International (International Cycling Union) in Geneva.
The mission of the ABA is to facilitate an introduction to organized cycling and to develop a strong competitive cycling program, while protecting and advocating the rights of cyclists. Key Responsibilities:
The Events Coordinator will report through the Executive Director, to the President. The Events Coordinator will be located in Calgary and it will be based in a home office environment. This will be a half time position, with weekend and evening work required. Specific duties will include:
1. Coordinate, with Provincial Chief Commissaire, the scheduling of officials.
2. Serve as Technical Delegate at designated races.
3. Maintain Alberta Cup points standings, and track rider upgrades
4. Assist with CCA/UCI-sanctioned events occurring in Alberta.
5. Coordinate annual Race Organizer's meeting in conjunction with the Mountain Bike Sport Coordinator
6. Assist in co-ordination and development of Events Calendar
7. Work as a liaison between, and provide support to, organizers, officials, participants, and volunteers
8. Production of Race Organizers guide and other race resources
9. Maintain ABA equipment inventory, and coordinate movement of equipment
10. Assist with ABA Recreation and Transportation oriented events in Alberta as directed
11. Other administrative duties associated with events, including contributions to website and member updates, procurement of insurance certificates, attendance at meetings of the Racing Committee
1. A knowledge and understanding of cycling
2. An affinity with the aims and targets of the Alberta Bicycle Association
3. Understanding delivery of all aspects of a sports event
4. Involvement with a sport and/or a sporting organization
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
7. Willing to travel throughout the province and be able to provide own transportation
Applications for the Position
The ABA hires on the basis of merit. It is committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Applications for the position must be received no later than the end of business Friday, January 14th, 2011. This application deadline may be extended at the discretion of the Association. We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
Please mail or e-mail your résumé and covering letter, in confidence, to:
Alberta Bicycle Association
11759 Groat Rd
Edmonton , AB, Canada
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|