Posted by Editor on 04/15/11
The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport is an independent, national, non-profit organization whose mission is to foster ethical sport for Canadians. We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Testing Coordinator (one year term position). As the successful candidate, you will contribute to the operations of the CCES by coordinating doping control testing sessions and contributing to the overall development, maintenance and improvement of the Canadian Anti-Doping Program. You will also assist Anti-doping staff in other areas of the Anti-Doping Program or other CCES operations as required and contribute to an intelligent anti-doping program to both deter and detect doping in sport. This position is currently classified as a full-time term position extending through until May 15, 2012.
• coordinate domestic program doping control testing sessions
• administer and monitor the test distribution plan
• conduct quarterly athlete selection draws consistent with test distribution plans
• assist with administration of registered testing pool (RTP) and Domestic Testing Pool submission processes, including related liaison and follow-up with NSOs and athletes within specified sports/clients
• develop and maintain tracking systems for RTP and Domestic Testing Pool testing and athlete whereabouts submissions
• assist with athlete whereabouts requirements
• coordinate domestic program DCO requirements with staff responsible for fee-for-service testing services
• troubleshoot, problem solve with Doping Control Officers (DCO) and National Sport Organizations (NSO)
• act as DCO/Chaperone when required
• to be aware and knowledgeable of the position's responsibilities within the Quality Management System
• assist with providing performance feedback to DCOs/Chaperones as required
• respond to general doping control inquiries
• prepare and give presentations
• other duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in the fields of sport and/or health social science and/or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a relevant position
• Knowledge of the Canadian sport community and knowledge of drug-free sport and doping control programs preferred
• Excellent English and French verbal and written communication skills preferred
• Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
• Professional conduct, sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships
• Strong organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, time management skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple priorities
• A high level of proficiency with computer applications
Starting Salary Range: $36,000 - $39,000 full-time annual salary
Applications for this position should be submitted in confidence electronically by Friday, April 29, 2011 to the attention of Rosemary Foerster, Manager, Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport at email@example.com.
For more information about the CCES, please visit www.cces.ca.
This position is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|