Posted by Editoress on 08/3/11
Shimano Canada is looking for a Sales Manager, Distributors and Framebuilders.
Job Title: Sales Manager Distributors and Framebuilders
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Department: Bicycle Component Sales
Reports To: Sales Manager Bike
This position is focused on supporting the growth of our company by delivering outstanding sales and service support to Shimano Canada's distributors and framebuilders. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work with the Shimano bicycle sales team as a group to develop and implement sales programs.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self motivated, detail oriented, sales person who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure we are meeting our sales goals.
This individual will be responsible for the implementation of strategic sales and promotional plans with the primary focus of increasing sales and revenue and enhancing the brand presence of Shimano components within the Canadian market. These efforts will require working closely with senior management, Shimano distributors and overseas sales offices, as well as coordination with internal departments (Product, Planning, Service and Marketing).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and achieve territory sales and revenue targets
• Provide new product presentations and product updates to customers
• Developing pricing of products and the analysis of margins and revenue
• Provide very detailed technical advice and information on Shimano components
• Manage customers inventory and sales by category
• Develop sales and promotional plans for targeted customers building upon national and regional promotions and sales direction
• Continual, detailed analysis of sales, market and competitor activity to be reported to management and other sales offices
• Monthly/quarterly reporting to management of success and progress in meeting territory goals
• Increasing the distribution of existing Shimano products as well as the placement of new products as they become available
• Increasing the merchandising presence of the Shimano brand at retail
• Handling and resolution of day-to-day issues including but not limited to any availability concerns, shipping issues, credit problems, and accounting issues directly with customers
• Attendance at various trade and consumer promotional events
• Provide sales reports, forecasting, and communication with overseas sales offices
• This position requires 6-10 weeks of travel per year, some international travel required
• Post secondary education or University degree
• 2 - 3 years experience in bicycle industry, customer service, retail experience or inside/outside sales
• Bike knowledge (both technical & general industry knowledge)
• Proven industry sales experience
• Ability to prioritize and meet crucial deadlines
• Bicycle Retail experience a plus
• Effective and professional presentation skills
• Experience in translating technical features and benefits into something that buyers can see as "selling points"
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Windows environment. Strong Excel skills are required
• A leader as well as a team player
• Must be self-motivated
• Well organized and efficient travel experience is an asset
• French language is an asset but not required
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the qualifications we require, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and salary expectations by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please make reference in the subject header of the e-mail "Sales Manager Distributors and Framebuilders"
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shimano Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|