Posted by Editoress on 08/31/11
Administrative Assistant Employment Opportunity
The Alberta Bicycle Association is a not-for-profit provincial organization which provides leadership, support, and education for competitive, recreational and transportation cycling to benefit Albertans.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with the general administration of the Alberta Bicycle Association office, membership licensing and other assigned projects. Primarily an administrative position, the Administrative Assistant will work in conjunction with all staff members to provide overall efficient and effective administration and membership support services.
• Greet people who contact or come to the ABA office with professionalism and a positive attitude;
• Answer telephone and email inquires;
• Work closely with Alberta Bicycle Association staff to assist as needed for current and future programs;
• Daily collection of incoming and outgoing mail;
• Other assigned duties, as required.
• Assist with the administration of programs, events and services when required;
Licensing & Database Maintenance:
• Process membership and club registrations as they come in;
• Maintain the ABA online database;
• Be available to work on weekends as a Technical Delegate when needed for Alberta Bicycle Association sanctioned events.
The Administrative Assistant shall possess the following attributes:
• Minimum of 1 year administrative experience
Knowledge and Skill Base:
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office – special focus on Word and Excel use;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with efficiency;
• Computer aptitude and ability to type with accuracy and efficiency;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication and customer service skills;
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment;
• Organized, adaptable, flexible and versatile;
This is a permanent part-time employment position based on approx 26 hours per week. Some weekend work may be required. The pay range will be based on experience and qualifications.
This position will be based out of the Edmonton ABA office in the Percy Page Centre (11759 Groat Road).
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit resumes via email to Heather Lothian: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday September 9, 2011
The Alberta Bicycle Association is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|