Posted by Editoress on 02/1/12
I am recruiting cyclists and/or triathletes for an exercise physiology study at UBC. I am wondering if any of your readers would be interested in participating. The following is a summary of the qualification criteria and participation involvement. Anyone interested can contact Sabrina Wilkie via email: email@example.com or by phone: 604.822.4384
Title: Effects of Heliox on Respiratory Mechanics, Sensory Responses, and Performance during Exercise in Endurance-Trained Men and Women.
• Between 19-40 years of age (inclusive)
• Healthy (free of cardio-pulmonary disease, exercise-induced asthma, cancer, etc.)
• Trained cyclist/triathlete (Women VO2MAX > 50ml/kg/min; Men VO2MAX > 60 ml/kg/min)
Summary of your Involvement:
• 3 separate days (~2hrs/day)
• Day 1: VO2MAX test on a bike, followed by a practice 5 km TT
• Day 2: 5 km time-trial on a bike
• Day 3: 5 km time-trial on a bike
During the TT’s, you will have a catheter placed through your nose and into your esophagus (tube connecting your mouth to your stomach).
You will be supplied with a detailed fitness assessment that may be incorporated into your training following the study.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|