March 8/12 12:08 pm - Employment Opportunity - Marketing and Events Services Manager
Posted by Editoress on 03/8/12
Employment Opportunity - Marketing and Events Services Manager at Chico Racing (Ontario)
Chico Racing and Crazy Canuck Events are event management and marketing companies that organize mountain bike events, trail running events and obstacle course races through our many different offerings. For more information on our events and our company, please see www.chicoracing.com and www.mudhero.com. Chico Racing was founded in the mid-90s and is considered one of Canada’s premium event companies with continued growth with some amazing events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic marketing and events services manager. The successful applicant will have experience in putting on large events, managing groups of people, possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, and be available and adaptable to work in both an office and event setting. Event travel is required across Ontario, with some additional travel to Calgary, Alberta.
Please note that, due to the nature of our business, the candidate will be required to work approximately half of weekends from April to September.
Important Skills and Experience
The following are what we consider critical skills and experience in order to ensure that you are successful in this role:
• Past event management or operations experience – sporting events preferred.
• Experience in working in an administrative or office-based role.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Exceptional interpersonal (written and spoken) skills.
• Experience with some graphic design, video and web site development and maintenance is an asset.
• Excellent problem management and resolution skills.
• Knowledge of social media marketing, channels and strategy.
• Demonstrated experience in managing employees and volunteers.
• Strong project management and coordination skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be flexible and independent of supervision.
• On site event help in an administrative role, as well as the understanding that getting dirty might be part of the job.
• Knowledge or experience in mountain biking and/or other amateur sports is considered a strong asset.
Who are you?
You are an entrepreneurial go-getter with a positive attitude, an attention to detail and someone who will embrace event management as an amazing challenge. You are looking for a long-term career in a small, growing family-run operation with an amazing event portfolio.
The Payoff and Perks
Base salary for this full-time position is very competitive with respect to similar positions, and a profit-based bonus will be provided in October. This career offers amazing potential to be part of some of Canada’s most exciting sporting events. We also provide expenses for all weekend food, smart phone and travel.
The starting date for this job is March 30, 2012. Resumes must be received no later than March 16, 2012.
Chico Racing’s head office is located in the scenic and beautiful town of Uxbridge. Known for its’ amazing trails and mountain biking this is the ideal spot for people with outdoors interest. The candidate will need to commute to the office on a regular basis, however some work from home and a flexible schedule may be accommodated.
Do you have what it takes?
Please submit your resume, references and cover letter to Adam Ruppel at email@example.com. Please note that while we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.