Posted by Editoress on 03/21/12
Intern Opportunity at ParaSport Ontario
Position: Events and Communications Intern *Unpaid Position*
ParaSport Ontario is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization that provides leadership, resources, and opportunities to ensure a strong community for persons with physical disability in the Ontario sport and recreation community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events and Communication Intern will assist with event planning and execution as well as executing the communication strategy of ParaSport Ontario.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Works with the Development Coordinator to insure that proper information is sent out to member organizations, athletes, coaches and volunteers associated with the development program;
• Records post session information in the participant database and communicate with other sport organizations regarding interested participants;
• Helps drive the media presence of ParaSport Ontario through traditional and social media channels;
• Creates an effective regular communication schedule to keep members and partners informed of ParaSport Ontario Activities;
• Works with the Executive Director to plan and execute promotional, fundraising and sport events;
• Creates communication partnerships between other sports organizations;
• Assists with other ParaSport Ontario programs/events as required.
• Strong team player and able to collaborate on numerous projects. Able to work independently and as a team member in a cross-functional office environment;
• Knowledge of the amateur sport community and experience in working in the field of sport for athletes with a physical disability considered an asset;
• Experience working with volunteers;
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
• An educational background in Event Planning and Communications an asset;
• Detail oriented;
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Publisher);
• Social media literacy (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube);
• Desktop publishing experience;
• Promotional and Marketing experience;
• Must be willing to travel within Ontario if required, work some evenings and weekends, as well as possess a valid driver’s license;
• Access to a personal computer will be considered an asset.
Location: 3 Concorde Gate, Suite 104, Toronto, ON
Supervisor: Eric Cartlidge, Executive Director
****THIS IS AN UNPAID POSITION****
Note: Parking will be provided as well as expenses for travel, meals and accommodations when necessary.
Salary Range: this is an unpaid position
Type of Position: Intern / co-op
Application Deadline: April 20, 2012
Starting Date: May 7, 2012
3 Concorde Gate Suite 104
Toronto , ON, Canada
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|