Posted by Editoress on 03/28/12
Position: Results Specialist, Sport (contract)
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada's involvement in the Olympic Movement, including Canada's participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
The COC is looking to fill one part time contract with a Results Specialist. The contract duration is from April 2012 to February 2014.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will be to track Canadian athletes’ performances as well as other nations’ performances at World Championships, and other International events; produce various statistical analyses and provide such information to the Canadian Olympic Committee, Canadian Olympic Team, and its partners as required. The workload will vary from week to week. It is estimated that, averaged over the course of the contract, time spent per week will be approximately 0.5-1.0 day per week, along with time spent at seminars and onsite at the Olympic and Pan American Games. This position is not based out of any specific city or COC office, however being based in Ottawa is an asset.
• Provide support with various statistical analyses as required in the lead-up to the Olympic Games.
• Assist with the compilation and centralization of the various results and analyses by sourcing information directly or through COC partners (Sport Canada and Own The Podium)
• Respond to information requests from the COC’s various departments, specifically the Communications department, specific to athletes and sports in the lead-up to the Olympic Games.
• Be available for training on the COC’s Zeus Database.
• Assist with the preparation of the Canadian schedule of participation for the Olympic Games for initial upload to Zeus.
• Attend the Team Operations Preparation Seminar (approximately 3 months prior to Games)
• Track and manage all Canadian Olympic Team results, competition schedule and statistics.
• Ensure that Canadian Olympic Team schedule and results are current, requiring multiple daily updates and a final revised version at the end of each day.
• Provide information to the Canadian Olympic Team and partners as required.
• Liaise with Sport Services Officers, Press Chief and Assistant Press Chief in providing timely and relevant information for bulletins, daily results highlights, and media briefings.
• Create and pull reports from Zeus for Sport Services staff and Communications staff as required.
• Attend daily communications meetings.
• Contribute to the results sections of the mid and post-Games press briefing and/or final Games report developed by Sport Services
Knowledge and Skill Required
Knowledge requirements include:
• Required proficiency in Excel and with databases
• Canadian Sport System (asset)
• Technical knowledge of the various sports on the Olympic program (asset)
• COC Games Operations (desirable)
Skill requirements include:
• Detail oriented
• Time management
• Ability to multi-task
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict timelines
• Prior data entry experience
• Experience in Canadian Sport System
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 20, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position: Part Time
Canadian Olympic Committee
85 Albert St., Suite 1400
Ottawa , ON, Canada
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|