Posted by Editoress on 05/2/12
Once again, the National Cycling Centre - Atlantic Canada is proud to present the Mike's Bike Shop Cup. This regional racing series lets cyclists of the area participate in friendly meets. The series is open to riders 15 years old and up and is run under a points format (combining the 18 events).
Every Tuesday, draw prizes and series leader's recognition will be awarded. All races start at 6:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Riders must be registered and paid for that evening by 6:15 pm (or use our on-line system).
A single event now costs $8 and we encourage participants to sign up on-line for more than one race at a time and take advantage of our discount. The cost to register for a discipline (3 events) will be $20 and for the whole series (18 races) is $120 (and includes an Apogée jersey).
• Starting May 8th, participants will enjoy three Tuesdays of mountain bike (cross country) racing (May 8, 15 & 22) at the Dieppe St-Anselme Park.
• In June (5, 12 & 19) the racing switches to Individual Time Trial. At the moment of publication, the exact location is still to be determined. Check our website for further details when the weeks before the event.
• For July, we will have events on the Caisse populaire Dieppe/Memramcook Vélodrome. These races will be opened to everyone who took their Track 101 course (or equivalent). Track 101 will be offered throughout the summer and before the events. Race dates are July 10, 17 & 24.
• In August, (Aug 14, 21 & 28). we will have BMX events on the Subway BMX track in the Rotary Park in Ste. Anselme.
• In September/October, racing moves back on the road with the criterium series (Sept 25, Oct 2 & 9). The race circuit will be at Dieppe's Dover Park.
• Last, but not least, we will hold 3 cyclo-cross events in October (16, 23 & 30) to conclude the series with our famous Boo-Cross event.
More information at www.atlanticcyclingcentre.com
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|