Posted by Editoress on 05/17/12
Thanks to a favourable spring and to a mountain biking-addicted work team, Mont- Sainte-Anne anticipates the opening of its cross-country network on this Saturday, May 19! In addition, the resort sets up the season with a wide range of new trails for biking, an official disc golf network, several hebertism features and more. A reminder that the Mont-Sainte-Anne Campground is also open 7 days a week and that the Grand Vallon Golf Course has been operating for nearly 3 weeks, with its early opening also due to the exceptional conditions of the course.
Downhill Network Opening and Live Band on May 26
Let’s officially celebrate the beginning of the season with the live outdoor performance of the fabulous and Groov-inc! For the occasion, the band will play a tribute of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. At 3 :30pm, come and discover this well-knowned band of Quebec. In fact, Groov-inc won the 4th position of a rock contest in the area and also received the audience award. [Cancelled if raining.]
What’s New This Summer?
• New mountain bike trails for downhill and cross-country [check out the trail map];
• Hebertism network : several features for different skill levels will be set up in a glade trail of the base, in addition to a few hiking trails of the summit [free];
• Disc golf network: a very popular game in the U.S. and in Australia, based on the rules of golf. It is played with similar discs to Frisbees, that are thrown towards a structure serving as a "hole". This official network will offer 12 holes [free];
• For toddlers, an easy course for trotter bike [bicycle without pedals] will take place at the base of the mountain, directly in front of the Sports Alpins rental and boutique. Trotter bikes are available for rent at a very affordable price ;
• Informative and educational panels will be added at the base and at the summit of the mountain, relating to fauna and flora of the area and to the history of the resort.
To take advantage of the longer days of summer and stretch our mountain biking days, the resort changed its gondola’s schedule : it will now be open until 6:30 p.m. from Thursday to Saturday, and closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The best way for locals and visitors to enjoy the most of their day! Please take note that this schedule change is not applied to cross-country and the rest of the operations that remain accessible 7 days 7 [rental, food service and reception].
Vélirium and UCI World Cup – June 21 to July 8
From June 21 to July 8, 2012, Vélirium is taking over Mont Sainte-Anne with the presentation of 3 jam-packed weekends of mountain biking and fun! Come and check out the World Cup stops during the first week-end and enjoy Québec’s national celebration in the area of the Old-Capital on June 23.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|