Posted by Editoress on 09/25/12
This is it, Saturday September 29th, the first race of a double header weekend in Vancouver BC! Come race picturesque New Brighton Park for the waterfront and mountain view, a definite classic on the cross circuit.
Back for a fifth time in 2012, VCXC is planning yet another sweet Euro spectator-friendly parcours. So bring the family, your friends and your enemies to spectate on the most beautiful course in East Van.
We will be providing a Team Alley area, so please consider rounding up your ladies and gents, getting the camping chairs out and heckling.
We are happy to have coffee by Musette Cafe, Food, beer prizes from Beer Thirst, a Kid's Race.
• 9:30am - Registration opens (sign on ends 15 minutes prior to each start)
• 10:30am - Cat 3/4 Men, Citizen Women/Men, U17 (40 minutes)
• 11:40am - Open/Master Women, Master 3/4 Men (45 minutes)
• 12:30pm - Free Kids' Race
• 1:00pm - Elite Men (60 minutes), Masters Men 1/2 and Single Speed (45 minutes)
Race Registration as follows:
- $25 Pre Registration / $30 on Race Day
- Kid's Cross is FREE
- Racers crossing the Border get a $5 discount!
- Racers from Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast get $5 ferry crossing discount upon presentation of ferry receipt
- $30 one day event insurance for non-license holders available at registration
Registration starts at 9:30 and closes 15 minutes before each races starts. This race will use the standings from Fort Langley CX Classic for call-up and we will expect you to suffer with your appropriate category. We'll see you on course.
*These details are subject to change - please check back with us for course map as available*
V.CX.C - vancrosscoalition.blogspot.ca
VCXC events are open to:
UCI, USCF and CCA (incl. Cycling BC) license holders or Cycling BC Citizen license holders.
One-day license from Cycling BC is available for $30.
All kids age 15 and under.
Please note: Medical coverage is not available at the event for non-BC racers, and should be acquired in advance from a suitable provider.
Courtesy Matt Hornland
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|