November 19/12 15:39 pm - Employment Opportunity - GranFondo Canada (Vancouver
Posted by Editoress on 11/19/12
This is the chance to live in a world-class Olympic city and work with an established, dynamic and growing entrepreneurial company that is not only planning events, but creating unique opportunities for people to participate in premium destination tourism experiences. Our offices are located in the heart of the city and well served by public transit (both commuter train and bus service).
Application Deadline: November 30, 2012
Starting Date: March 4, 2013 and May 6, 2013
Position: Event Operations Internship (7 months: 2 positions)
Commencing May 6, 2013, (5 months: 1 position)
Job Description: Student Internship
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (CANADA)
Company: TOIT Events Inc.
Founded in 2007, TOIT Events Inc. is an event management group committed to the development, planning and execution of world-class sport events. GranFondo Canada (cycling) and Step Ahead (running) are divisions of TOIT Events Inc. www.toitevents.com
The intern will work with the Operations staff to assist with the detailed planning and delivery of the events. This position will be within the Operations team at TOIT Events Inc., however, the intern can look forward to the opportunity of being exposed to all aspects of the business.
The Event Operations Assistant(s) can expect to be tackling any number of the projects outlined below.
• Signage Program - development, order, production, distribution, setup, takedown, and inventory management
• Planning and operation of the Event Communication Centre
• Planning and execution of the FamilyFundo Kids Ride
• Researching event resources including on course entertainment
• Crew Support program for TOIT staff, volunteers, athletes, sponsors, media & spectators
• Operational Communications (develop, order and inventory event radios / cell phones)
• Execution of supporting social events
• Planning and execution of Prima Fondos
• Development of operational standards documents
• Development of the Ride Ambassadors and Course Marshals programs for GranFondo Canada
• Liaise with other areas of the company & participate in team meetings
• General administrative support for the Operations Team
• Other opportunities as assigned
• Completion of an Internship Report at the conclusion of your experience.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
• Previous experience working/participating in athletic events is essential
• Previous experience in an office setting is an asset
• Completion of two years towards a college/university degree
• Demonstrated interest / commitment to sport management and event production preferred
• Proficiency with basic PC software - Microsoft Office suite products
• Knowledge of competitive cycling and running will be considered as assets
• Speaking, reading, and writing fluency in English
• Ability to work in a second language (French) is an asset but not essential
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written and verbal)
• Creative problem solving ability
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to liaise with members of the general public in a professional and courteous manner
• Works well in a team environment
Unpaid internship (weekly honoraria of 150$ provided). Standard office hours are 35 hours/week. The nature of the event industry will require some evenings and weekend hours.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and include the following in the subject line: name (last, first), job title. We will keep applications on file for other roles that may arise and while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
View Attachment: Job Description
1827 Victoria Diversion
Vancouver , BC, Canada
Tel. 6045688648 x 335