Posted by Editor on 02/19/13
Cycling season is right around the corner here in Alberta! The Cyclepath Calgary is actively seeking employees for the 2013 season. Please note experience is an asset; however, it is not a necessity. If you have a positive attitude and you want to be part of a fun progressive industry then we are looking for you. Benefits and competitive wages offered. We are currently looking to add the following positions to our team:
Sales Position Retail - Full time
As a member of the sales team you will be responsible for direct sales, answering phone calls, writing quotes, and developing and maintaining lasting relationships with the store’s wide customer base. We provide on-site sales/industry based training throughout the season. A successful candidate will also assist in store operations by making positive recommendations for new products, price adjustments, and beneficial changes to processes. This position is not commission based.
• Positive, outgoing, proven customer service personality
• Knowledge of current cycling technology and industry trends
• Comfortable communicating and performing within a team environment
• 1-2 years of previous sales experience is an asset
• Experience utilizing point of sales systems
• Strong written and communication skills
• Time management
Service Position - Advanced Full Time
As a member of the service team you will be responsible for general bicycle service on a wide variety of bikes. As a service technician you will be expected to identify mechanical issues so that suitable solutions can be established. Each mechanic has a separate work area with a complete set of tools required for bicycle maintenance. Previous work experience is an asset; however, it is not a necessity.
• Knowledge of current cycling technology
• Mechanical skill/aptitude for dealing with changing evolving technology
• Comfortable communicating and acting within a team environment
• The ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Computer (retail point of sale), written, and communication skills
• Time Management/organization, the ability to make and meet deadlines
• 1-2 years of experience is an asset
Cashier - Part Time/Full Time
As a cashier the bulk of your responsibilities will include processing transactions for customers and keying transactions for sales staff to ensure that the customers in-store experience is a fluid and enjoyable one. Other duties include answering the phone and directing calls to the appropriate department. At the end of each day the cashier is also responsible for closing the tills and completing cash out procedures.
• Good verbal/written communication skills
• Positive personality is a must
• No Experience in the bicycle industry necessary
• Knowledge of retail point of sale computer systems an asset
• Basic accounting skills are an asset
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you feel you are qualified, please forward resumes and references to email@example.com. Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|