March 6/13 12:01 pm - COC Employment Opportunity - Communications (French)
Posted by Editoress on 03/6/13
The position of Coordinator, Communications, Canadian Olympic Committee, provides communications and administrative support to the Communications Department in order to meet key objectives. Based in Montreal, this position will take a lead role in everyday francophone media relations while also playing a lead role in the department’s ongoing media monitoring and issues management. This position also provides strategic and logistical support for press conferences and other events, manages francophone media requests, and provides overall support to the communications team.
• Report to Senior Manager, Corporate Communications & Media Relations;
• Work very closely with Executive Director and others in Communications Department;
• Work with and maintains positive relationships with other COC departments and board;
• Work closely with the Executive Director, Corporate and Brand Communications and other COC executives, as well as selected spokespeople in preparing them for external communications;
• Build positive relationships with key francophone media, both in the sport and non-sport environment;
• Respond to communications and general media inquiries on a daily basis received by phone and email;
• Provide logistical and media support for press conferences and other COC related events, including onsite logistics;
• Identify emerging issues to ensure the COC and its spokespeople have approved messaging in place to respond;
• Contribute ideas and content stories for the COC’s online presence, including Olympic.ca and social media platforms (Website, Facebook and Twitter);
• Undertake proactive steps to promote COC activities and programs and build relationships with national sport and national, regional and multicultural media;
• Proactively identify and organize opportunities to increase corporate profile and exposure with national sports and news media;
• Assist in preparation of news releases, media advisories, backgrounders, press kits, speaking notes and other communications materials;
• Provide communications advice and support for initiatives aimed at improving stakeholder relations;
• Where necessary, provide support during Games time; and
• Be on call evenings and weekends as required.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
• Excellent interpersonal/communications, writing/editing, administrative and organizational skills;
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
• High degree of discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters;
• Self-motivated team player;
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• 2 years’ experience in a communications, media relations and/or marketing related function, preferably related to sport;
• Community college or university degree in communications, marketing or a related field; and
• Bilingualism (English/French) a requirement.
Key Internal Relationships/Complexities:
• Work closely with Marketing and Communications colleagues; and
• Liaises with other COC departments as necessary.
Key External Relationships/Complexities:
• Work closely with external speakers for COC events, such as athletes, partners, government officials, etc.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 15, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.