Posted by Editoress on 06/12/13
Employment Opportunity: Cycling Strategy Coordinator
Position: Cycling Strategy Coordinator
The Barrie Cycling Club (BCC) is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Cycling Strategy Coordinator (CSC).
The CSC is responsible for building partnerships with cycling stakeholders to develop a sustainable, community-centric Cycling strategy for the County of Simcoe, using the Township of Oro-Medonte as a proving ground before expanding into other County Municipalities.
Reporting to the BCC and the Oro-Medonte Cycling Committee, the CSC’s responsibilities will include:
• Developing and managing partner, stakeholder, community/business and government
• Facilitating media relations and acting as a media/project spokesperson;
• Promoting the Welcome Cyclist Bicycle Friendly Business Accreditation System;
• Identifying new ‘signature’ Road Routes;
• Managing creation and updating of Cycling Route Maps (Road & Trail);
• Identifying Mountain Biking Trailheads and Staging areas, ensuring standardized emergency access & signage;
• Securing funding support for strategy implementation and completing all necessary project reporting;
• Partnering with Share the Road Coalition, the OPP and stakeholders to develop and implement education and awareness campaigns and signage strategy;
• Developing Cycle/Sport Tourism Model for roll out across the County;
• Managing Cyclist Market Research Project;
• Creating (have created) a web presence, identity and measurable SEO strategy.
The applicant must have experience and knowledge with cycling partnerships and strategy development. The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker and demonstrate exceptional project management, community development, business planning, organizational, time management and oral and written communication skills. The ability to design and create promotional materials including user-friendly websites and proficiency with social media would be an asset.
Work will be conducted in accordance with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards. The successful candidate must be able to work remotely, either from their home or from an alternate office location and must provide all necessary office equipment and supplies (computer, mobile,vehicle etc.)
This is a contracted position at a rate of $3750/month, pre-approved travel expenses may be covered. Please submit resume and cover letter by 12:00 p.m., Friday, June 21st, 2013 to:
Barrie Cycling Club
110 Napier St. Barrie, ON L4M 1W5
A detailed job description is available upon request.
We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information contained is collected pursuant to The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|