Posted by Editor on 11/18/13
CIBC Team Next is a $2 million investment to assist 67 athletes who aspire to realize their dreams and represent Canada on the world stage. Included on the list are four cyclists:
Gabrielle Pilote Fortin (Quebec), Louis-Albert Corriveau-Jolin (Quebec), Corey Walsh (Ontario) and Denise Ramsden (North West Territories)
Each athlete will receive:
• A $5,000 annual grant for the next three years ($15,000 total);
• Mentorship from prominent Canadian athletes: Josh Cassidy, Mark de Jonge, Stephanie Dixon, Kara Lang, Kyle Shewfelt Mary Spencer, Bruny Surin and Simon Whitfield;
• Workshops and advice on personal finances, post-secondary and career planning, social media training and public speaking;
• Exclusive access to the CIBC Team Next idea sharing forum;
• Community support and networking opportunities through the local CIBC branches and employees in their home community; and,
• Preferred CIBC products and services.
The program is being administered for CIBC by AthletesCAN and the Canadian Sport Institute Ontario. To be considered, the athletes had to be nominated by their national sport organizations.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|