January 22/14 12:00 pm - Employment Opportunity at GranFondo Canada
Posted by Editor on 01/22/14
The Marketing and Promotions Coordinator will be an integral part of the event team and will implement a variety of marketing and promotional strategies to support GranFondo Canada's goal to increase the number of participants enrolled the RBC GranFondo Whistler and the RBC GranFondo Banff events. The Coordinator will also play a key role in facilitating the contract deliverables on all sponsorship relationships, giving support to the Business Development team and the Operations Team. Integration with the entire team will be key to success as the Marketing and Promotions Coordinator will ensure the Operations Team, Athlete Relations Team and the Business Development team are kept inform of outreach content and strategies.
If you are an independent self-starter and someone who likes to dive into a project and own it, then this is for you. A knowledge and passion for road cycling will be considered an asset.
• Plan, monitor and execute GranFondo Canada's social media strategy including research, expressing the brand voice, and compiling status reports to Marketing Lead.
• Become an expert of GranFondo Canada's brand voice
• Monitor fan interactions on all of GranFondo Canada's channels
• Research and report on new social media opportunities
• Schedule posts on HootSuite/Twitter and Facebook
• Liaise with Marketing Lead and Operations Teams to sync outgoing communications with event plans
• Develop content for digital marketing and communication materials
• Develop and delivery of event e-newsletters including management of newsletter database and delivery system
• Coordinate all print collateral including ads, brochures, event signage, sponsor signage and merchandise printing
• Develop creative and graphic content for event websites, brochures, and ads
• Analyze and report digital marketing performance; provide reports with recommendations for improvement and change
• Participates in team brainstorming sessions to provide direction on content and brand development
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Assist with the coordination and delivery of sponsor and brand deliverables
• Engage and work with event photographers including communication and instruction at the event
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary degree and or diploma in Marketing
• Strong MS Excel, MS Word, and Powerpoint skills
• Previous experience in copy writing, social media, communications and marketing coordination
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Experience in Social Media Marketing (with validated references)
• Proven skills in graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suite (candidates will be asked to bring a portfolio to the interview).
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Content Management System (Drupal) is a plus (and opens new doors for the right person)
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must have a solid understanding and proficiency in written english.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and professional environment.
• Must be adaptable and flexible in their approach to work and someone who is not afraid to track down the answers when none are apparent.
• Strong initiative and self-starter. The ability to learn as you go and think on your feet will serve you well.
• Attending GranFondo Canada events will be required. Some additional evening and weekend work may be required.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Application closing date is February 3rd, 2014. Include a cover letter, resume and salary expectations with submission. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Position: Marketing and Promotions Coordinator
Type of Position: Contract (February - September 2014)
TOIT Events Inc.
1827 Victoria Diversion
Vancouver , BC, Canada
www.rbcgranfondowhistler.com and www.banff.granfondocanada.com