Posted by Editoress on 09/16/14
Cycling Canada (CC) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track. Founded in 1882, CC aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances. With the vision to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, Cycling Canada manages the National teams, hosts national and international events, and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada.
The Competition Coordinator is responsible for administrating, planning and assisting the delivery of national and international cycling events in Canada. The Competition Coordinator will partner with the Sport Coordinators in the delivery of Canadian Championships events and assist the planning and implementation of the national event calendar. In addition, the Competition Coordinator will support the delivery of sponsor and supporter benefits at events within Canada.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the publication and distribution of the National Event Calendar
• Serve as Cycling Canada's lead liaison for any event related inquiries
• Assist with coordination of officials' assignments for all national events
• Coordinates the implementation of approved rule changes
• Assists with the implementation of Cycling Canada's sponsor agreements at Canadian Championships
• Maintains and updates event information on Cycling Canada website
• Gathers and analyzes participation numbers and results from National Calendar Events
Knowledge and Skills
CC is looking for candidates that have general knowledge of the Canadian sport system as well as a proven ability to assist the delivery of activities and events.
Due to the collaborative nature of the position, candidates with strong communication and relationship building skills will be sought. The Competition Coordinator needs to have multi-tasking and organizational skills and an understanding of the planning process.
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
A post secondary education with a degree in sport administration or business administration would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in data entry, excel based reporting and sport administration. Project management, financial management and event management skills are required for this position.
The following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to communicate in both English and French (written and oral)
• The ability to work with volunteers
• The ability to monitor budgets
• Knowledge and/or experience within the Canada sport system
• Knowledge and/or experience coordinating programs and activities
Salary & Benefits
The salary scale for the position is in the range of $42,500 to $47,500 dependent on qualifications and experience. In addition the successful candidate will be eligible for benefits after a probationary period.
This position is subject to six-month probation; at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Starting Date: November 3, 2014
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume in expression of their interest for this position to email@example.com by September 26, 2014
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada promotes Employment Equity.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|