Posted by Editoress on 01/29/15
Escape Velocity's DEVO Youth and Junior program is looking for a mountain bike program head coach for its mountain bike program. The right individual must have a passion for coaching youth and mountain biking and able to meet the challenge of developing first rate youth cycling program.
The DEVO Mountain Bike program serves riders in the Lower Mainland who are focused on gaining the necessary skills and experience to be competitive racers in the endurance-related disciplines of the mountain biking. The athletes in the program range in age from 10-17.
The successful candidate will have NCCP coaching certification or be working towards certification and be a self-starter with experience in developing program and practices incorporating fitness, technical skill and racing skill elements.
Effective Start Date: April 1, 2015
Employer: Escape Velocity p/b Catalyst Kinetics
Position: DEVO Mountain Bike Head Coach
Salary: Commensurate with experience
1. Mountain Bike program planning, coaching and coordination.
The Coach will develop, plan and implement an annual development program which utilizes Escape Velocity's administrative and material support and has the following characteristics:
• Coordinate Mountain Bike race travel plans primarily with the Mountain Bike Coordinator and the DEVO program director as appropriate.
• Coordinate weekly training schedule with Program Director and Mountain Bike assistant coaches.
• Lead 2 training sessions per week (April 1-Aug 31). (Wednesdays 6-7:30 PM)/Sundays 9:30-12:30AM)
• Attend races in the DEVO calendar identified as core races for the team.
• Assist in integrating the Mountain Bike race and training plan with the DEVO road and cyclocross programs as appropriate and with the support of DEVO road coaches and the DEVO program director.
2. Sponsor and club relations:
The DEVO Mountain Bike Head Coach role is a public role in both the immediate Escape Velocity (EV) and DEVO club as well as within the wider cycling community. The Mountain Bike Head Coach role requires the organization of volunteers and sponsor resources. In addition to general expectations of professional communication within the club to members and their families, the Mountain Bike Head Coach is responsible for providing regular updates (post-event or monthly, whichever is more frequent) to sponsors and club members about DEVO and relevant EV activities and opportunities. The means of updates shall include social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) as well as formal communication means such as email.
3. Reporting: The Mountain Bike DEVO Head Coach reports directly to the DEVO Program Director and Head Coach.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you!
Posting details: Open until filled
Submit resume to Andrew Pinfold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|