Posted by Editoress on 02/10/15
Cycling BC is looking to hire a timing and results technician for the 2015 season.
The individual chosen for this position will work with Cycling BC's new registration system along with new and existing timing equipment to integrate registration, race day timing and results. The timing and results technician will uphold our commitment to provide fast, accurate timing and results for its Championship, Premier and BC Cup races.
• Work with Cycling BC registration platform to create start lists for all BC Championship, BC Premier and BC Cup races and to integrate into the timing systems
• Set-up and operate Cycling BC timing equipment on event days
• Work with Cycling BC officials to establish quick, accurate results
• Have the ability to quickly and accurately provide the results to social media
• Strong understanding of bike racing
• Proficiency with spreadsheets (primarily Excel)
• Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Attention to detail, good work ethic and need for precision
• Ability to learn/understand technical applications related to Cycling BC’s timing systems
• Ability to work with others in team-oriented situations in a professional manner
Contract Rate & Term
Rate dependent on experience and term of contract negotiable dependent on event schedule.
Cycling BC is the provincial governing body for the sport of cycling in British Columbia, representing the full range of disciplines including Road, Track, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Biking, BMX and Para-cycling. Our mission is to foster quality competition, from the grassroots through to high performance levels, and encourage partnerships to grow participation in the sport of cycling.
Application Deadline: Feb. 13, 2015
Start Date: Feb. 16, 2015
Type of Position: Part time
Employment Type: Seasonal
Contact Name: Barry Lyster
Location: Vancouver (and G.V.R.D.)
c/o Cycling BC
201-210 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Y3W2
Contact Phone: 604-312-3318
Contact Fax: 604-737-3141
Web Address: http://www.cyclingbc.net
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|