Posted by Editoress on 02/25/15
The Cycling Centre Calgary is running it annual camp in Penticton, BC on March 20-28. Join them for seven days of cycling in the scenic Okanagan Valley.
For cycle and para-cycle athletes ages 12 and up, with a focus on Junior Provincial level riders. Rides will be led by three experienced NCCP certified coaches, who will offer feedback on technique and training, with encouragement and support. Included in the camp are transportation to and from Penticton, BC (from Calgary), full board and accommodation (at Sandman Inn and Suites).
The camp details are as follows:
• Depart March 20th, 9:00 AM from the south loading dock of the Olympic Oval, returning to the same location on March 28th around 6:30-7:00 PM via Brewster Charter Bus. (Please pack your bike for storage (Bike box, travel case, etc) in the lower level of the bus
• Athletes will need food and snacks as well as money to purchase lunch on the road for both the outbound and return trips
• Staff - Stephen Burke, Phil Abbott and Matt Hadley (plus we a guest coach from Tri Canada attending a few days of the camp)
• Camp Prices:
- U23 full camp $1200
- U23 half camp $650 (4 nights and 3.5 days of meal plan)
- U23 guest camp $900
- Elite/Master camp $1300 (no bus charter but can be added)
- Please add $35 if you do not have Cycling Canada Membership
- Penticton Sandman Inn and Suites
- U23 athletes will stay 2/twin room
- Elite & Master athletes will stay in a Private room
- Staff and Volunteers will stay in Kitchenettes
- Secure Bike storage is provided by the hotel. No bikes are permitted in guest rooms.
- The hotel has banquet rooms, a Denny's Restaurant, laundry and a court yard with pool.
- Each day breakfast will be served at 8:00 and dinner will be served at 5:30.
- Lunch is self-serve sandwich bar that you will do each morning after breakfast.
- Athletes are responsible for your ride food/drinks. Please plan on bringing your own sport drinks and/or energy bars.
• Daily Ride Plan:
- Daily rides will depart at 15 minute intervals starting at 10:00 AM with the A Group, 10:15 for the B Group and 10:30 for the C Group.
- Rides will vary day to day so be prepared to ride to/through Naramata, Summerland, Ok Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos, Apex Mountain Resort & Keremeos. Rides will utilize secondary roads wherever possible but athletes should be prepared to ride on highway 97 & 3 for both short and extended periods. Both of these roads have a nice wide shoulder with a sleep strip.
- A more detailed agenda for the camp will be published after the athlete registrations have been processed.
• Rider Equipment List: (more details will be sent out closer to the camp)
- Road or Cyclocross bike in good working condition with good tires, cables, 2 water bottle cages & good bar tape.
- Expect rain and spring conditions so it is recommended that you bring fenders, booties, long finger gloves, thermal layers and a wind stop shell.
- Helmet, Shoes, Sunglasses, HR Monitor, Bike Computer etc.
• Cycling Centre Calgary will provide:
- 2-3 bike work stands
- 3-4 pumps
- Bike wash station
- First Aid Kits
For more information and to register, e-mail email@example.com; or call (403) 220-8008.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|