Posted by Editor on 03/9/15
Wanted: Advanced Bicycle-Technician/Customer-Service Person
Where: Liberty! Bicycles, 2 Bond Street, Downtown St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
Time requirements: Full time, evenings and weekends.
Salary: $16 to $19/hour.
About Liberty! Bicycles: The shop opened in 1992. Since then we have strived to be the go-to shop in the Niagara Region. We sell and service industry-leading bicycle brands. We fit and position people. We maintain strong community ties, hold bike races and events, group-rides, seminars and parties. We try to excel. Our goal: to be the best we can be, and to provide an excellent experience for our customers and clients. We make cycling better. www.libertybicycles.com
We are looking for someone who can:
• Grow with us and be committed to excellence.
• Work to our high standards and develop and improve our shop operations.
• Be an excellent bike technician and diagnostician.
• Get his or her hands dirty.
• Support our group-rides, bike events, and the local bicycling community.
• Be self-motivated and eager.
• Be punctual and dependable.
You should possess:
• A minimum of 3 years bike-shop experience. (We would consider someone with less in-store experience, while having the right mix of personality, motivation, and savoir-faire.)
• An excellent, current, technical cycling-specific knowledge-base, for both road and off-road hardware.
• An excellent mechanical aptitude.
• A proficiency using Microsoft and Google web-based software.
• A proficiency using social media including Facebook, Twitter, Strava, Instagram, and Google+
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Excellent customer service skills.
Respond by e-mail to Kurt Gwisdek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume, and a cover-letter outlining your abilities and desires. Please respond by 4 April 2015.
If you meet the above criteria we will arrange a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. We will select the best candidates and then begin a final selection process.
Thinking about moving to St.Catharines? You should know that our city and the Niagara Region have an excellent network of roads and trails - great riding. There are a lot of recreational opportunities. The cost of living is low. People are nice. And, Downtown St.Catharines has an enormous amount of style and talent, as well as many sport and cultural amenities!
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|