Posted by Editor on 03/13/15
The Greater Victoria Velodrome Association (GVVA) FastTrack youth cycling development program mandate is to provide a safe, fun, and challenging learning environment for athletes, ages 7-16, of all abilities, including youth athletes with a physical disability.
The program follows Cycling Canada's Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles to support athletes in progressively developing effective cycling skills, tactics and techniques through the use of age and stage appropriate training methods.
Athletes can choose to participate in one or two workouts per week, with practices taking place at the Westshore Velodrome. Each practice is led by an NCCP certified cycling coach. Velodrome rental bikes are included in the program fees.
Kurt Innes - 1992 Track Cycling Olympian; NCCP Level 5 Cycling Coach
Lister Farrar - NCCP Ready to Race Intro to Competition Cycling Coach
Alex Hui - NCCP Let's Ride Community Cycling Coach
Monday and/or Thursday - 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Monday's focus: individual and/or team events - skills /techniques/tactics.
Thursday's focus: group / pack style events - skills/techniques/tactics.
2015 FastTrack Program Fee Structure:
• 10 weeks program fees apply for athletes who wish to participate in one session per week April 13 - August 27.
• FastTrack program fees do not include mandatory GVVA club membership fees. See www.gvva.bc.ca for complete club fee details.
• Cycling helmet, water bottle, athletic clothing and running shoes.
• Athletes are permitted to use their own cycling shoes and pedals.
• Program runs rain or shine - please come prepared.
• Fixed Gear / Velodrome Rental Bicycles are included on loan from the GVVA, if needed, on a first- come; first served basis.
Please visit www.gvva.bc.ca to register.
For more information contact Kurt Innes by e-mail at email@example.com, or phone (250) 391-9125.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|