Posted by Editor on 07/6/15
Cervélo is the leader in road and triathlon bicycle engineering and the world's largest manufacturer of time trial and triathlon bikes. Cervélo has been ridden to the top of the podium at the IronMan World Championships, the Tour De France, and the Olympics.
The company is comprised of people who not only love cycling but also love innovating in every way possible. With a focus on "best bikes, best bike company", Cervélo is a high-growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial company dedicated to making a difference in the cycling industry. We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team.
The Role: To perform new product design and product design update activities as directed by the Engineering Director, Project Managers, or Senior Designers. To gather input from Engineering team members and design Cervélo products according to appropriate standards for manufacturing, and support the team for R&D or product development activities as required.
Working with the Senior Designer, the Product Designer is responsible for:
• Gathering background knowledge and input from team members to formulate new product concepts
• Drafting initial design concepts of the product through CAD, sketching, clay modeling, 3D printing or mechanical sample manufacturing
• Creating final design of consumer products and gathering input from Engineering department
• Completing sustaining Engineering projects
• Providing design support for internal projects and other Engineering projects as required
• Assisting with the ongoing development of company documenation
For this position we require:
• Diploma or Degree specializing in mechanical product design
• Three years of product design experience (preferably in cycling industry)
• Experience with SolidWorks CAD 2014 or higher (modeling, surfacing and drawing) and SolidWorks Simulation (COSMOS)
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), 2D dimensional drawings and working knowledge of Design for Manufacturability
• Experience with hand sketching and rendering of concepts, physical model creation for aesthetic or functional evaluation
• Experience in mechanical design preferred
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Comfortable with taking input and direction from others
• Excellent analytical skills
• Self-motivated and able to perform at a high level with minimum supervision
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and with deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
Date: July 1, 2015
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Head Office, Toronto, ON Canada
Experience: Three years experience
We thank all those for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cervélo is an equal opportunity employer. No Agencies please.
For more information visit cervelo.com.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|