Posted by Editoress on 10/23/15
The Ottawa Cycling Celebration is back for 2015 with a new and improved dinner menu and a star-studded lineup of local cycling talent!
Tickets for the November 20th event are now on sale. Up to November 10th, individual tickets are $75 and a table of eight costs $525. After November 10th, prices go up to $90 and $600.
For individual tickets go Here.
For a table of eight go Here.
Proceeds from this year's dinner go to the National Capital Region Cycling Bursary and to a new fund created to help Ottawa-area athletes selected to self-funded world championship projects with the national team. Details of this fund will be announced at the dinner.
There is plenty to celebrate this year, with Ottawa-area cyclists excelling at every level.
Among the expected attendees at this year's Cycling Celebration (pending any conflicts with training camps):
• Mike Woods, who won races in Portugal and the U.S. this season and ended the year with a 2016 WorldTour contract with Cannondale-Garmin.
• Karol-Ann Canuel, two-time world TTT champion who in 2013 won races in Germany, Canada and the Czech Republic, and defended her world team time trial title at the road World Championships in Richmond, VA.
• Derek Gee, Connor Byway and Katherine Maine, who racked up some great junior performances at both the track and road world championships.
• Matteo Dal-Cin, who won a stage and the overall standings at the international GP Saguenay.
• The 2016 recipients of the National Capital Region Cycling Bursary.
• The amazing women of The Cyclery-Opus cycling team.
• The honorees for our annual cycling awards.
Like the past two editions, the event will feature a silent auction, and international cycling announcer Randy Ferguson will emcee the evening. And we have listened to your feedback: our host venue will be offering an improved list of menu options!
Last winter's celebration raised more than $4,000 to help support our local cyclists. Ottawa's cycling scene remains as vibrant as ever, hosting multiple events every week of the summer and gearing up for the 2016 National Road Championships. We hope you'll come out and add to that support on November 20th!
The celebration will be held at the St. Anthony's Banquet Hall in the heart of Ottawa's Little Italy.
For the most up-to-date info, the Facebook event page is Here.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|