Posted by Editoress on 11/17/15
Registration has just opened for the 2016 Ontario Bike Summit. Register now for the Summit, to be held in Toronto on April 19th and 20th for 1.5 days of engaging speakers and workshops, including:
• Planned keynote addresses from Nicole Freedman (Chief of Active Transportation & Partnerships, City of Seattle) and Peter de Jager
• Welcoming remarks from members of the Queen's Park All-Party Cycling Caucus
• Presentations and workshops addressing the Summit theme of "What's Next for Cycling"
• An Open Space session on "Growing Cycling in Rural & Northern Ontario"
• Mobile workshops (TBD), and more.
The Summit will also be hosting the popular Bicycle Friendly Communities seminar from 2pm to 5pm on April 19th. This seminar will be open to all registered delegates on a first come, first served basis, to a maximum of 70 delegates. A digital sign-up will be made available in January 2016.
Click Here to visit the registration page.
For 2016 there will be a new 15% discount for delegates who are accompanied by a local elected official. The 15% discount applies to the registration fee for both the delegate and to the elected official who register together. Contact email@example.com for this special discount code.
Visit www.sharetheroad.ca/obs for more Summit details
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now open for the 2016 Ontario Bike Summit. The Summit will take place April 19th and 20th at the Eaton Chelsea Hotel in downtown Toronto. The theme will be "What's Next for Cycling" and organizers are looking for presenters to address the following topics:
• Successful implementation = partnerships
• Leveraging technology & open data
• Making the case for cycling: monitoring and data collection
• If you build it, it must be maintained
• Innovative Engagement
• Connected! Building a cycling network
Click Here to complete the Call for Proposals Form and to learn more about each topic.
The Ontario Bike Summit is an opportunity to showcase the innovative work taking place in your community, learn about cycling best practices and network with cycling stakeholders from across North America. Submit your presentation proposal by Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 using the online form and help to bring this annual event to life.
All presenters will be notified by email if they are chosen for the summit and will be eligible for the discounted speaker rate of $275 + HST.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|