Posted by Editor on 02/24/16
McPhail's Cycle and Sport in Waterloo, Ontario, is seeking full time Service Technician mechanic. Applicants need:
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a bike mechanic in a full service shop, including experience in Electronic Drivetrains, Hydraulic and Mechanical Braking Systems, Wheel Building and Suspension Systems
• A personal responsibility for completing work in an efficient and professional manner
• Excel in customer service
• Willing to work as a team member
• A passion for cycling
Must be willing to work weekends, and potential overtime
Our shop is located in Uptown Waterloo and has a rich history of serving all cycling clientele. Our current line includes Cervelo, Kona, Opus, Raleigh and Specialized, although we service all brands.
Position: Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
The Service Technician is responsible for providing mechanical repairs and maintenance to bicycles and other merchandise at McPhail's Cycle and Sport.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Complete repairs and maintenance of bicycles and installation of accessories in a timely manner.
• Ensure understanding of customer's needs and clearly explain any concerns.
• Apply customer service skills to exceed customer's expectations.
• Process and check in/out bikes following proper procedures.
• Provide feedback to the Service Manager on ideas to improve the department.
• Promote McPhail's Cycle and Sport's mission, values, and standards.
• Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
• Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the service area presentable.
• Continually challenge self to enhance mechanical skills and familiarity of products.
• Prior bicycle mechanic and assembly experience.
• Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population.
• Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving skills.
• Present a strong customer service focus.
• Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time.
• Knowledge of computers and technology.
• Dedication to get the job done.
• Ability to stand, sit and use hands for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
• Exposure to various potentially hazardous chemicals such as grease and cleaning solutions.
• Competitive Experience-based wage.
• Year round employment
Interested in this position? Please send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|