Posted by Editor on 05/5/16
Cycling Canada (CC) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track. Founded in 1882, CC aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances.
With the vision to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, Cycling Canada manages the National teams, hosts national and international events, and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada.
The Marketing Coordinator will help develop and execute annual plans in the areas of marketing, communications and business development that drive the Cycling Canada brand and support the organization's goals. This will be essential to supporting the organization's strategic direction and continued growth, which includes the ability to benefit from the performances of our athletes across all cycling sports and the significant event calendar we manage.
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Business Development Consultant to develop and activate the marketing and business development plans. Related to that, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for sponsor servicing and assisting sponsors and suppliers with activation strategies that promote their relationship with Cycling Canada.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage industry partner liaison and acquisition of support for products, services and funding from the industry on behalf of Cycling Canada
• Manage sponsorship servicing and cross promotional initiatives with partners
• Assist with the development and activation of the marketing strategy
• Solicit advertising sales for event and other properties
• Manage and develop content for the organization's website and digital platforms
• Oversee CC's social media strategy and delivery
• Assist with Cycling Canada marketing, brand and endemic sponsorship programs
• Oversee initiatives to market and promote Cycling Canada programs and activities with our members
• Drive merchandising sales primarily through online sales of Cycling Canada products
• Coordinate and support internal and external communications
• Organize and implement fundraising events and activities
• Write and edit content for various channels as required
Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the skills and experience to perform the job functions listed above with the ability to execute all aspects of the Job Description.
Candidates wishing to apply for this position should have 2-4 years' experience working in the marketing or communications field as well as a strong knowledge of and passion for the sport of cycling.
The ability to communicate verbally in both official languages is essential. The ability to write in both official languages would be an asset.
A university education with a major in an applied area relative to marketing, communication and promotion is desirable.
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels. The following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• experience in event marketing
• experience working directly with sponsors and suppliers
• the ability to create documents, written proposals and agreements
Salary & Benefits
The salary scale for the position is in the range of $45,000 to $50,000 dependent on qualifications and experience. In addition, the successful candidate will be eligible for benefits after a probationary period.
This position is subject to six-month probation; at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Starting Date: June 1, 2016
Application Deadline: Persons interested should send an expression of interest cover letter and resume for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2016.
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada Cyclisme promotes Employment Equity
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|