Posted by Editoress on 10/21/16
The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) would like to alert the Canadian sport community that the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has published the 2017 Prohibited List. The List will come into effect on January 1, 2017.
The 2017 List of Prohibited Substances and the 2017 Summary of Major Modifications and Explanatory Notes are now available for download on WADA’s website in English and French.
Notable modifications to the List include:
• Lisdexamfetamine (an inactive pro-drug of amfetamine) was added to category S6. Stimulants.
• Nicomorphine was added to category S7. Narcotics. It is an opioid analgesic drug which is converted to morphine following administration.
• Under category S3. Beta-2-Agonists, dosing parameters of salbutamol were refined to make it clear that a full 24-hour dose should not be administered at one time.
• Arimistane was added as a new example of aromatase inhibitor under category S4. Hormone and metabolic modulators and higenamine was added under category S3. Both are prohibited substances that have been found in dietary supplements.
• GATA inhibitors and Transforming Growth Factor-B inhibitors were added to category S2. Peptide hormones, growth factors, related substances and mimetics.
The List is an international standard identifying substances and methods prohibited in sport. It was first published in 1963 by the International Olympic Committee. Since 2004, WADA has been responsible for the preparation and publication of the List, which it updates every year.
Athletes can find out if their medications are prohibited using the following CCES resources, all of which will be updated on January 1, 2017, to reflect the new List:
• Global DRO (www.globaldro.com)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Info Line: 1-800-672-7775
• CCES Prohibited List web page (www.cces.ca/prohibited-list)
• World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List web page (www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/prohibited-list)
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|