Posted by Editor on 03/24/17
Cycle Toronto is hiring Canvass Coordinators for the upcoming outreach season. This year, Cycle Toronto will be mobilizing canvass teams as part of our goals to build bike lanes on Bloor, Danforth, and Yonge.
Canvass Coordinators will manage teams of up to 10 volunteer canvassers on evenings and weekends. Canvass teams will approach members of the public by going door-to-door in neighbourhoods along the three major campaign corridors. We are looking for energetic, outgoing, organized people with a passion for cycling.
Note that we are also hiring part-time Outreach Coordinators. The right candidates may be considered for both roles.
• Lead regular field canvasses and attend some community events
• Mentor and direct outreach volunteers during canvass trainings
• Pick up canvassing materials by bike prior to scheduled canvass
Organize canvassers on shift, and motivate with goals that meet campaign priorities
• Take photos and post on Cycle Toronto social media channels during outreach events
• Compile canvass results, track metrics, and provide feedback as required
• Work closely with the Campaigns & Engagement Manager to ensure canvass operations align with strategy, field structure, and training
• Our candidates will complete a training session led by our Campaigns & Engagement Manager.
• Have experience or aptitude in sales, customer service and/or grassroots organizing
• Enjoy problem solving and working in various roles on a team to achieve a common goal
• Be a skilled, engaging, empathetic, and adept communicator
• Be reliable, organized, and punctual
• Have experience coordinating and motivating volunteers
• Have a smartphone with ability to use data for mapping during shifts
• Be skilled at reading and interpreting maps
• Be comfortable riding a bike to different parts of the city
• Be regularly available for evening, weekend, and some weekday shifts (this is a must)
• Be or become a Cycle Toronto member in good standing
Terms of Employment:
This is a part-time position on contract from April to November 2017, with the possibility of extension. Must be available for regular evening and weekend shift work April to November, and occasional weekday shifts where canvass preparation is required. Must be comfortable biking and walking for several hours at a time, and able to transport backpack-sized loads by bicycle to various locations in Toronto. Must use a bicycle in good working order.
All Canvass Coordinators must complete Cycle Toronto volunteer training in early April, prior to start of contract. Canvass Coordinators will report to the Cycle Toronto staff team.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Sunday, March 26, 2017, with the role(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Cycle Toronto values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|