Posted by Editor on 03/24/17
Cycle Toronto is hiring Outreach Coordinators for the upcoming season! This year, Cycle Toronto will run Bike Valet at festivals such as Toronto Argos games, Field Trip, Word on the Street, and many more, on-street outreach stations during Bike Month in May and June, Get Lit in October, and tabling and campaign events across Toronto. We're looking for energetic, detail-oriented people with a passion for cycling.
Outreach coordination involves managing multiple priorities and requires multi-tasking, organization, and leadership. Our ideal candidates are also professional, collaborative, and comfortable engaging with the public and working with our dedicated volunteers.
Note that we are also hiring part-time Canvass Coordinators. The right candidates may be considered for both roles.
• Pick up Bike Valet and outreach equipment prior to the event and/or drop off equipment after the event
• Ensure that the equipment travels safely to and from the event, using a Cycle Toronto bike trailer (trailer hitch will be provided)
• Assist with setup and dismantling of the Bike Valet parking/outreach area
• Assist in coordinating logistics for upcoming outreach events
• Mentor and direct outreach volunteers during event shifts and training
• Run the information table, handle cash, sell Cycle Toronto memberships and effectively engage the community about cycling issues, Cycle Toronto campaigns, and promotions offered by Cycle Toronto's partners
• Take event photos and post on Cycle Toronto social media channels
• Provide feedback and track event attendance and other metrics as required
• Must be reliable, organized and punctual with remote access to phone and email while on duty
• Are regularly available for evening, weekend, and some holiday shifts (this is a must)
• Can demonstrate experience working on teams and/or customer service. Supervisory experience is an asset
• Are empathetic, gregarious and adept at engaging with a broad spectrum of personalities in an inclusive environment
• Have a background/interest in community/city building, politics, transportation, and grassroots advocacy
• Must be or become a Cycle Toronto member in good standing
Terms of Employment:
This is a part-time seasonal position at the rate of $15/hour on contract from April to November 2017, with the possibility of extension. Must be available for weekend shift work April to November, with some weekday evening and holiday shifts. Must be in good physical condition and able to lift a bicycle trailer and transport loads by bicycle to various locations in Toronto. Must use a bicycle in good working order and range of high gears.
All Outreach Coordinators must attend a Cycle Toronto volunteer orientation session prior to start of contract. Outreach Coordinators will report to Cycle Toronto staff, or to the Supervising Outreach Coordinator, where applicable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Sunday, March 26, 2017, with the role(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Cycle Toronto values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|