Posted by Editoress on 02/23/18
The Ontario Cycling Association is seeking to contract services for the role of Provincial MTB Coach. This position will be responsible for assisting in the implementation and delivery of a provincial athlete development system with a focus on transitioning athletes into Cycling Canada programs.
This is a contract position requiring an estimated 50-75 days of work throughout the year.
• NCCP Introduction to Competition Certified or demonstrated commitment to obtaining certification (preferred)
• Experience as an athlete/coach/support in MTB training camps and competitions (required)
• Strong understanding of Long Term Athlete Development (required)
• Strong communication skills (required)
• Strong organizational skills and planning ability (required)
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (required)
• Develop athlete centered annual provincial training and competition plans
• Assist in developing coach capacity and development opportunities in the province
• Act as a point of contact for MTB on behalf of the OCA
• Deliver high level coach services to identified athletes through OCA led camps, projects, and other scheduled initiatives [may provide supporting role with other cycling disciplines]
• Monitor identified athletes as approved by the High Performance Manager ensuring on-going communication with athlete personal coaches and sport science/sport medicine staff
• Conduct gap-analysis [in-partnership with athlete personal coaches] on identified athletes and implement strategic and efficient solutions/resources to address athlete needs (SS/SM/technical coaching/etc.)
• Develop detailed internal reports for use in on-going athlete evaluation and assist in developing external reports for athlete/coach in identifying strengths and areas of improvement [e.g. athlete pathways and evaluation tools]
• Assist and lead outreach initiatives to conduct talent identification and relationships with MTB clubs across Ontario
Anticipated Projects may include:
Canada Cup Projects
Team Ontario MTB Nationals Camp(s)
Canadian MTB National Championships
Winter Warm-Weather Camps [endurance-based/on-trail]
Administration and Planning
Responsible for all planning, budgeting, delivery, and reporting of assigned OCA projects/programs, ensuring all project/programs adhere to OCA policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Arrange all project logistics (accommodations, travel, etc.) with office staff
• Select and coordinate project staff
• Develop selection criteria and related documents
• Develop detailed camp training plans
• Develop detailed project technical guides and athlete applications
• Deliver athlete and parent project information sessions or webinars when appropriate
• Submit final project reports and final project financial statements within assigned timelines as approved by HP Manager
• Assist with the development of presentations and reports as requested
• Provide basic mechanical support to athletes during projects
• Assist with athlete travel [driving] to identified projects/camps [cargo vans and trailers may be required]
• Assist the OCA in the delivery of daily operations when required
• Other duties as assigned
This job requires evening and weekend work as well as travel nationally/internationally at key points in competition season.
A criminal record check will be required prior to confirmation of hiring.
Compensation: This is a contracted position requiring between 50 - 75 days of work throughout the year. The compensation will be based on the agreed upon services.
Application: Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in-confidence to email@example.com; by 11:59pm March 4, 2018.
Questions: All questions can be directed to Michael Suraci at 416-855-1717
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|