Posted by Editor on 02/5/06
Neal Kindree - Pre-season 2006 Update
I spent the majority of the winter in Victoria both training and studying. I have decided to attend UVic only through the Fall term each year so I am able to race and train full time throughout the season. I returned to Squamish late December and stayed there for the month of January. I am now back in Victoria for 7-10 days. I will soon return to Squamish and continue to do the remainder of my early season prep there. Winter in Squamish has been a bit of a bummer but great for training. The lack of snow and abundance of rain have allowed me to put in some big miles. It's been raining for about 45 days now...
While in Squamish I celebrated my 19th birthday with an epic dance party. I love dancing! 85' Olympics theme with all the old school dance music pumping. I will certainly look forward to having another crazy dance party next year.
I am very excited about the 2006 race season and I look forward to the challenges that lie ahead. Some of my goals for 2006 include winning the Test of Metal, Canada Cup series, and National Championship. I am also hoping for another podium finish at the Pan American Championship and to better my previous 8th place finish at the World Championships! These are lofty aspirations but with proper training and technical support I know what can be accomplished.
2006 Race Schedule:
* March Spring Series Road Race (Langley)
* April 6-9 Sea Otter Classic (California)
* May 5-7 Columbia Plateau Stage Race (Oregon, USA)
* May 20 Canada Cup XC 1 (Bromont, Quebec)
* May 27 Canada Cup XC 2 (Mt. Tremblant)
* June 4 Canada Cup XC 3 (Hardwood Hills, Ontario)
* June 17 Test of Metal (Squamish)
* June 24 World Cup XC (Mt. St-Anne)
* July 2 Bear Mountain BC Championship (BC)
* July 15 National Championship (Fernie, BC)
* July 22 Canada Cup XC 4 (Whistler, BC)
* July 29 Canada Cup XC 5 (Mt. Washington, BC)
* August 5 NORBA 5 (Utah)
* August 26 Mountain Bike World Championship (New Zealand)
* September 10 GK Ripper (Squamish)
* September 23 Cheakamus Challenge (Squamish)
* October 29 Pan-American Championship (Brazil)
* October/November Cyclo-Cross Season (will do a few races for fun but nothing too serious for fun)
*I will also be racing UBC Tuesday Nighters, BC Cups, and local Toonie races where ever time permits.
I am excited to announce my sponsors for 2006. Throughout the upcoming season I will proudly represent the good name and products/programs offered by the following companies:
Kona Bicycle Group - www.konaworld.com
Union Securities - www.union-securities.com
Carney's Waste Systems - www.carneyswaste.com
Vetta Cycle Computers - www.vetta.com
Acumen Inc. Heart Rate Monitors - www.acumeninc.com
Goodwin Studios - www.goodwinstudios.com
Squamish Mountain Bike - www.squamishmountainbike.com
Smith Sport Optics - www.smithsport.com
Team Squamish - www.sorca.ca/TeamSquamish/teamsquamish.htm
Flash-5 Energy Foods - www.flash-5.com
Stan's NoTubes Sealant - www.notubes.com
Brand new for 2006, and very exciting is my personal website which is still in the works. I will be posting all future updates on this website at the beginning of each month. These updates will include race results and highlights along with some of my training rides, failures and successes.
Although not yet completely finished, feel free to check out the site at...
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|