March 2/06 9:56 am - Employment Opportunity
Posted by Editor on 03/2/06
Cross Country Canada Employment Opportunity
Application Deadline: March 17, 2006 Starting Date: April 1, 2006
Position: High Performance System Coordinator
Cross Country Canada is targeting the podium for 2010 and beyond! Part of this effort involves the integration of its National Ski Team program into a broader High Performance System that serves athletes at lower levels of its Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTADM). This position is an opportunity to join a dynamic team that is totally committed to sustaining our international excellence in cross-country skiing.
Cross Country Canada, the National Sport Organization for cross-country skiing in Canada, is currently seeking two employees to fill the positions as High Performance System Coordinators (one East and one West). These coaching positions are designed to deliver comprehensive support to the CCC Divisions across Canada in their athlete development programs. They are also integral members of Canada's National Ski Team coaching staff who will provide varying degrees of support to NST members and development squad members as needed. A draft job description is included as Appendix C in the discussion paper "Towards a HP System for CCC". This document Version 6.3 also provides important context within which these jobs are delivered. It is available in PDF format at the following link www.cccski.com/dbfiles/609.pdf.
The High Performance System Coordinator - East is a full-time position that is located in eastern Canada serving the divisions of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland. Due to the geographic region being served, this position will be filled with a qualified bilingual candidate.
The High Performance System Coordinator - West is a full-time position that is located in western Canada serving the divisions of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut. This position will operate out of the National Training Centre in Canmore.
These positions report directly to the Director of High Performance of Cross Country Canada. Cross Country Canada would like to fill these positions as of April 1st 2006.
General Responsibilities. These include but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinate and/or implement activities that serve to create productive linkages between CCC's high performance system and athlete development system.
* Complement the operations of the CCC divisions of Eastern/Western Canada in the areas of high performance coach development and athlete development in the "Training to Compete (TTC)" and "Training to Win (TTW)" stages of development.
* Maintain a primary orientation towards improving the quality of athletes graduating from CCC's development system and entering the TTW stage of athlete development.
* Support the programs and initiatives of the Coach and Athlete Development Committee, as embodied in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), to promote the establishment of a common and consistently applied coaching philosophy and doctrine. See above reference for full job description.
* NCCP certified coach, Level 4 is preferred (will consider Level 3 working on Level 4 tasks)
* Comprehensive understanding of the Sport Canada LTADM.
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
* The ability to work with a high degree of independence in a multi-focussed environment and respond effectively to requests for support.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
* The ability to work as a team player in a volunteer-based organization.
* The ability to produce polished communication in written and oral form in English (essential) and French (desirable, required for East position).
* Experience as a coach of elite athletes in the sport of cross-country skiing.
* Willingness to work some overtime and weekends in the peak periods.
* Willingness to travel in the region for limited periods to run workshops & camps and for extended periods to lead team trips.
Salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $55,000 plus benefits, depending on qualifications and experience.
Please send a résumé, cover letter and references by March 17, 2006, to:
Cross Country Canada/Ski de fond Canada c/o Tom Holland Director of High Performance firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCC is an equal opportunity employer. This position is financially supported in part by Sport Canada.
Salary Range: $40,000-$55,000
Type of Position:
Full Time - Employee
Cross Country Canada
1995 Olympic Way, Suite 100
Canmore , AB