May 30/06 8:37 am - Canadians in Europe
Posted by Editoress on 05/30/06
If you are a rider competing internationally or have a family member racing in internationally, we would appreciate to know how you/they are doing. Please send race reports/results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monte Generosa Bike Marathon May 28th
Courtesy FACT - Canada
After a first place finish 2 weeks ago in Switzerland (Schletheim ) by Feldmann, the 2 Canadians (Martina Feldmann & Sandra Walter) riding for XO - Felt in Switzerland, had another top performance in Monte Generosa Bike Marathon.
Feldman placed 4 and Walters 5th in the 57 km race.
There was stiff competition from the 2005 Junior world champion Natahlie Schnweitter.
With over 2000 racers the Swiss marathon series is one of the best attended series in the world and one of the best PR for any Sponsor.
Congratulations to the 2 girls, who travel all over Europe for the Team and learn ro "survive" and are slowly are getting adjusted to the intensity of racing in Europe.
Next up are races in Perrefit ( Swiss cup ) Eastavayer le lac (Marathon), Graenichen ( Swiss cup ), Graechen ( Swiss cup ), Golden race (Marathon - Schletheim).
1. Susanne Litscher (Sui) Swiss Wheeler Bike Team, 3:29.01
2. Antonia Wipfli (Sui) team gisler visiongate, 3:33.30
3. Tatjana Doid (Ger) Team Fuji Bikes, 3:37.22
4. Martina Feldmann (Can) Felt X.O., 3:38.20
5. Sandra Walter (Can) X.O-Felt, 3:41.51
6. Karin Mathis (Sui) Giant Zweirad Pizol, 3:44.59
7. Ursina Werner (Sui) Velo Franz-Wheeler, 3:52.25
8. Nathalie Schneitter (Sui) Rocky Mountain, 3:55.00
9. Gaby von Arx (Sui) Stockli WÃ¤denswil, 3:56.10
10. Corina Gantenbein (Sui) KOBAbiketem.gr, 3:59.02
11. Yvonne Grossglauser (Sui) Imboden Bike, 3:59.20
12. Andrea Bannwart (Sui) Bergamont Young Bikers, 4:12.21
13. Eva Enz (Sui) KRAFTWERK Bikesport, 4:18.45
14. Gabriele Meder (Ger) Eichstetten, 4:30.55
15. Anne Babucke (Ger) Team Tricho-Tissue, 4:46.01
26th Omloop Van De Hoeksche Waard May 27th
Courtesy Mark Pozniak & St Catharines CC
(Saturday) was a 170km classic with non stop rain, wind, very narrow roads and 160 guys. After about 10km it looked like the selections were already made, with myself and 2 other teammates in the front group of around 30, but at 50km it came back together making it a group of about 80, with one other teammate coming up making 4 of us.
At 100km 12 guys got away and stayed away with none of us in it.. We went to the front to help the chase but the gap stayed at about 45 seconds the whole time and stuck. We went to the line with 12 up the road and 40 guys left in my group where I ended up 27th, I tried to get away many times in the last 15km but didn't happen.
This was probably the most single file I have seen so far. It seemed to never stop, which showed (the difficulty) - 120 guys dropped out. It rained so much that my eyes were still blury after the race- it was actually kind of hard to see with all the mud splashing up from the narrow farm roads. mmmm. Sunday is a crit then I'm for a rest week then 4 classics the following week! .....Including the amateur tour of Flanders and a 200km pro race.
1. Marc van Grinsven (Ned) Dommelstreek/TrapMetLust
2. Arthur Farenhout (Ned) PRC Delta
3. John den Engelsman (Ned) WC de Pedaalridders
4. Martijn Stougje (Ned) Westland Wil Vooruit
5. Marcel Jacobs (Ned) HSC de Bataaf
6. Ronald Schur (Ned) RTC de Hoekse Renners
7. Dirk van Dam (Ned) ZRTC Theo Middelkamp
8. Nick Riddy (Ned) WV Schijndel
9. Kasper Schotte (Ned) PRC Delta
10. Bart Vendrig (Ned) JvArckel-Rabo/Pliegersp
27. Mark Pozniak (Can) JvR de Batauwers/RETO