Posted by Editor on 12/7/06
Expresscopy.com Team Announced
Giroscopic Management is pleased to announce the new expresscopy.com pro women's cycling team. Team expresscopy.com will be the only UCI-licensed women's team in Canada. The team will be racing in more than on hundred events and traveling in twelve countries. "Our objective is to bring Canadian women's cycling to a broader audience. In this undertaking, our team will be involved within the community to promote cycling and its healthy lifestyle." said Scott Gerrie, Team Director.
Expresscopy.com is an international leader in the printing and mailing industry. Its services allow users to order their print online and to receive it in a quick turn around. As owner of expresscopy.com, Lee Dietz, expressed "We are very pleased to be supporting such an amazing and diversified squad. Their hard work is definitely an inspiration for all of us."
Biovail will also be supporting the team for a fourth consecutive year.
Argon 18 will provide the riders with new Gallium, Krypton and Mercury bikes. By May the riders will be able to perform on the brand new Element 114, a carbon monoshell time trial bike.
Our elite squad, who is also aiming towards the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is:
- Gina Grain (BC), Silver Medallist at the 2006 Track World Champion
- Anne Samplonius (QC), Current National Criterium Champion and former Silver Medallist in the ITT World Championships
- Jessica Phillips (USA), Former US National Champion
- Meshy Holt (NZ), New Zealand National Team Member
- Erinne Willock (BC), Canadian National Team Member
- Audrey Lemieux (QC), Canadian National Team Member
The development team consists of:
- Joelle Numainville (QC), Canadian National Development Team Member
- Stephanie Bourbeau (QC), Quebec Time Trial Provincial Champion 2005 and 2006
- Jennifer Stephenson (ON), Silver medalist at the Aurora UCI cyclo cross 2006
- Amanda Shaw (ON), Ontario's Champion of cyclo cross 2004-2005
- Jennifer Magur (USA), Bronze Medalist at the Empire State Games 2003
- Alison Testroete (AB), Canadian National Development Team Member
With this vision in mind, Claudine Labelle, director of public relations, has initiated a highschool speaking tour with the team that will target girls between the age of 13 to 17 years old. The objective of this initiative is to discuss with the students about the importance of having a healthy and active lifestyle. The new team website will be available on December 15th.
Team expresscopy.com Management & Support:
Scott Gerrie, Team Manager
Claudine Labelle, PR coordinator
Justin Olson Head mechanic
Chris Cavacuiti Team Doctor
Jeff Alexander Head soigneur.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|