January 27/99 1:59 am - Calendars Update, Employment at Rocky Mountain
Posted by Editor on 01/27/99
We have updated the National Calendar - go to the Calendars link (upper left of the page) and click on National Calendar to see the complete version. Quebec and New Brunswick calendars are under construction now (as is an Ontario Road Calendar update). We are still waiting on other provinces - please e-mail them to us.
Job Opportunity at Rocky Mountain
Wanted Immediately: Team Coordinator
Rocky Mountain Bicycles has an immediate opening for a Mountain Bike Race Team coordinator.
- The successful candidate will have a University or College degree, with a focus ideally on Marketing, and 1-2 years practical job experience in marketing or team related fields.
- You possess excellent project management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously while working in a fast paced environment.
- Good knowledge of Mountain Bike Racing Programs is an asset.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong logistical skills a must, should have experience working in Teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a necessity.
- Must be a self starter with a strong independent work ethic.
- Experience in the Sports Industry, knowledge of Mountain Bikes, and an active lifestyle would be an asset.
Key elements of the position are:
- Coordinate between Team Director and Equipment Manager of a World Cup Mountain Bike Team.
- Oversee all logistical issues related to Team: coordinate schedules, write Team PR materials, travel coordination, rider expenses, ordering of equipment, on site promotions.
- Coordinate with reps, event schedules and consumer shows throughout Canada and the USA.
- Liaison with Regional and Pro team members and team Sponsors.
- Media Relations as it relates to team.
Please send resumes and a brief letter outlining how your assets will benefit Rocky Mountain, by Feb 10th, 1999, addressed to:
Rocky Mountain Bicycles
1322 Cliveden Avenue
Delta. B.C., V3M 6G4