Posted by Editor on 02/12/07
Employment Opportunity at Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
Application Deadline: March 9, 2007
Starting Date: May 1, 2007
Position: Sport Science Officer
The Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic and the Province of Nova Scotia have collaborated on creating a full-time expert based position in sport science. This position has been developed to address the specific needs of Canada Games and provincial coaches. This position is a key part of a broad high performance strategy being developed for the province.
* Based in Halifax, NS, you will work under the CSCA Sport Science Coordinator in developing and delivering Sport Science support to Nova Scotia based training groups and Canada Games teams
* Fitness assessment and program design consultation with a wide range of coaches and athletes at the provincial level.
* Coordinating a multidisciplinary team of professionals (Sport Psychology, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, etc.) in providing an integrated sport science support to provincial coaches and athletes
* Assisting Nova Scotia Canada Games and Provincial Team coaches with annual planning.
* Assist in the delivery of professional development opportunities for coaches.
* Masters degree in Kinesiology or equivalent, preferably with an exercise physiology emphasis.
* Experience in working with high performance athletes, teams and coaches.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Competence with computers essential.
* Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
* Full health benefits package.
* Professional development fund available.
* 3 weeks vacation
Application deadline is March 9th 2007. Position to start May 1st 2007
Please send all resumes to: Sport Science Officer Competition c/o Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic Suite 312, 5516 Spring Garden Road Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1G6 Tel: (902) 425-0942
Salary Range: Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|