Posted by Editoress on 05/30/07
Courtesy Midweek Club
The good weather and the end of the school season meant a jump in the attendence with over 118 riders taking to the start for the two Tuesday night races, including many first timers and some old friends. The late race was the first in the season Jack Wierzbicki Prestige Series - the "series within the series".
Midweek CC still needs volunteers for the CHIN picnic races on Saturday, June 30th. If you are available to lend a hand (perhaps before or after you race) please contact Amit Ghosh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reminder to riders: Please do not leave trash or discard empty bottles around the circuit. Our privilege to the roads are tenuous and we cannot risk complaints from the occupants in the vicinity of our circuit and in addition we do not want to subject out long suffering volunteers to trash collection duty.
Thanks to Graham Anderson and Michelle Payne at registration, to Craig Fagan, Dan Rothnie and Joe Hruska for setup and marshalling and to Peter Rodrigues for sweeping the course prior to the race. Thanks also to the Mississauga Bicycle Racing Club for prime prizes.
22 Laps - 21.8 km - 43 kph avg.
1. Rick Meloff (La Bicicletaa) 30:01
2. Elliot Horwitz (Midweek CC) all s.t.
3. Dan Thompson (Madonna Wheelers)
4. Tyone Singh (Ind.)
5. Mike Ybanez (Mississauga BRC)
6. Phil Harper (Newmarket Eagles)
7. Jordan Kremblewski (Cycle Solutions)
8. Mark Kremblewski (Cycle Solutions)
9. Johnny Edgehill (D'Ornellas)
60 Laps - 59.4 km - 46.5 kph avg.
1. Heath Cockburn (La Bicicletta) 1:16:35
2. Dan Lefebvre (Team R.A.C.E.) all s.t.
3. Ed Veal (Cyclissimo)
4. Peter Morse (Jet Fuel)
5. Mark Polsinelli (Invita Racing)
6. Blair Purvis (CoachChris.ca/Velikonja)
7. Attila Hajdu (Mississauga BRC)
8. James Macdonald (Cyclissimo)
9. Rod Olliver (Open Access/GRG Racing)
10.Paul Greene (Chain Reaction)
1. Ed Veal
2. John Pucic (Wheels of Bloor)
3. Paul Dilecce (Wheels of Bloor)
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|