SQLSTATE[HY000]  No such file or directory
Posted by Editoress on 06/13/07
Courtesy Midweek Club
At Tuesday night's late race an early move with Jonathan Wood (ERTC) and Jet Fuel teamates Zach Morris and Daniele Defranceschi failed to stay away. With 33 laps to go another promising move with Heath "The Decider" Cockburn and Chris Freeland (Cycle Solutions) gained as much as 15 seconds on the pack. Though it did look promising, there was no chance the pack would let a move without proper representation get up the road. But with the pedal to the metal and the pack strung out as it was it was inevitable that an insignificant gap would grow into an intraversable gulf and a group of sixteen were able to journey up the road.
The race divided now into three parts and unfolding as it were it is only natural that onlookers would draw comparisons to The Divine Comedy, for it composed of three canticas: Inferno, Purgatory and Paradise. Cockburn would go on to lap the field to virtually lock up his place in paradise at the top of the leaderboard; while the long suffering breakaway riders would scoop up the remaining top places, leaving those confined to the netherworld that is the main pack to fight for sprint for 13th place; which would be taken by Daniele Defranceschi.
Thanks to Graham Anderson for help at the registration table, to Martin Derlacki for working the lap counter and to our course set up and marshalling crew : Craig Fagan, Dan Rothnie and Alan Forde.
Information about the CHIN Picnic races on Sat. June 30th will be available this week on the Midweek Club website (http://www.midweekclub.ca).
25 Laps - 24.5 km - 38.6 kph
1. Rocky Hossein (Hummingbirds Intl) 38:00
2. Bruce Camacho (D'Ornellas) all st.
3. Chris Kirk (Ind.)
4. Jason May (Cyclissimo)
5. Dan Thompson (Madonna Wheelers)
6. Johny Edgehill (D'Ornellas)
8. Geoff Agnew (Midweek CC)
9. Phil Harper (Newmarket Eagles)
60 Laps - 48 km - 43.5 kph
1. Heath Cockburn (La Bicicletta) 1:21:00
2. Dan Lefebvre (Team RACE) at 55"
3. Ed Veal (Cyclissimo) st.
4. Chris Atkins (La Bicicletta) st.
5. Rodney McEwen (Jet Fuel) st.
6. Rob Chiocca (Jamis Racing) st.
7. Paul Dilecce (Wheels of Bloor) st.
8. David Cramer (Jet Fuel) st.
9. Brent Aquino (Invita Racing) st.
10.Blair Purvis (CoachChris.ca/Velikonja) st.
11. Ed Maset (Invita Racing) st.
12. Jeff Hansen (Jet Fuel) st.
13. Daniele Defranceschi (Jet Fuel) at 1:07
14. Zach Morris (Jet Fuel) st.
15. James Macdonald (Cyclissimo) st.
Ed Veal, Ed Veal, Heath Cockburn
99 Starters (both races)
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|