Posted by Editor on 04/4/99
Tour of Flanders - World Cup #2
Despite a number of early breakaway attempts that whittled the field down, it wasa crash on the last major climb (the Muur) that shaped the end of the race. Peter van Petegem (TVM) and Johan Museeuw (Mapei) were the only rider to get clear and went over the top of the climb on their own. Franck Vandenbroucke (Cofidis) was able to bridge up, but Michele Bartoli got stuck in a chase group. van Petegem took the sprint finish from Vandebroucke and Museeuw (who must be happy about his complete recovery from last yearÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s horrible injury.
1. Peter van Petegem (Bel) TVM-Farm Frites 6:16:43
2. Franck Vandenbroucke (Bel) Cofidis
3. Johan Museeuw (Bel) Mapei-Quick Step both s.t.
4. Michele Bartoli (Ita) Mapei-Quick Step at 0:15
5. Zbigniew Spruch (Pol) Lampre-Daikin s.t.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|