April 8/99 10:40 am - Vuelta al Pais Vasco, Work Experience Wanted, "Women Only" MTB Camp
Posted by Editoress on 04/8/99
Vuelta al Pais Vasco
Stage 4, Vitoria to Lekumberri, 197 kms
1. Koos Moerenhout (Ned) Rabobank 5:22:17
2. Francesco Secchiari (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale s.t.
3. Daniele De Paoli (Ita) Costa Almeria-Amica Chips 0:28
4. Giuliano Figueras (Ita) Mapei-Quick Step 1:32
5. Udo Bolts (Ger) Telekom
6. Geert Verheyen (Bel) Lotto-Mobistar
7. Laurent Jalabert (Fra) ONCE-Deutsche Bank
8. Davide Rebellin (Ita) Team Polti
9. Niki Aebersold (Swi) Rabobank
10. Viatcheslav Ekimov (Rus) Costa Almeria-Amica Chips all s.t.
GC after Stage 4
1. Laurent Jalabert (Fra) ONCE-Deutsche Bank 18:37:59
2. Davide Rebellin (Ita) Team Polti s.t.
3. Bingen Fernandez (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:21
4. Udo Bolts (Ger) Telekom 0:32
5. Niki Aebersold (Swi) Rabobank 0.32
6. Giuliano Figueras (Ita) Mapei-Quick Step 0:32
7. Mario Aerts (Bel) Lotto-Mobistar 0.32
8. Juan Carlos Dominguez (Spa) Vitalicio Seguros 0.32
9. Wladimir Belli (Ita) Festina 0:32
10. Beat Zberg (Swi) Rabobank 0:32
Wanted Work Experience Opportunity for High School Mountain Bike Enthusiasts.
I have two grade 10 students who are wanting to work with "any Mountain Bike business" in Vancouver.
Hello from Salt Spring Island! I'm a Career Counsellor from Gulf Islands Secondary School, and I am looking for work experience for a students who are interested in Mountain bikes and Mountain biking. For one week in May (May 17th - 21st) we send all of our Grade 10s out for work experience. The students we send are required to provide their own transportation, accommodation and food costs. We cover the WCB and they are not expected to be paid.
(Here's my plea...violins please....) since we are a small community without easy access to such work experience you can be guaranteed that I would only send you students who are truly keen on working in this field. If you can help me with names of people I could contact - or you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org FAX 250-537-1869 or telephone 250-537-9944
Looking forward to hearing from you,
For Women Only!
Designed by women for women, SPOKESWOMEN MOUNTAIN BIKE CAMPS encourage participation in the sport of mountain biking while building confidence through the thrill of sport. In itâ€šs fourth season Spokeswomen SALLY CARMICHAEL ~ Lead Instructor, and ANGELA MEHARG ~ Camp Coordinator offer camps throughout BC and partnering with other enthusiastic women to present instructional opportunities in Whistler, Rossland, Kelowna and Penticton.
Spokeswomen Mountain Bike Camps offer 3-day instructional camps throughout the summer of 1999, focusing on all aspects of the sport from balance and skills to single track riding, bike maintenance and of course social events. New for 1999, Spokeswomen will offer 2-day Race Camps designed to encourage women to join the growing ranks of recreational and competitive racers and experience the thrill of competition. Race Camps offer instruction on training, racing, pacing, race tactics as well as nutrition and training with heart rate monitors.
Spokeswomen Mountain Bike Camps Instructors are fully certified and hold at least an NCCP Level 1 Mountain Bike Coaching License and first aid. Instructors are trained under the direction of Sally Carmichael, professional cross-country competitor ranked 3rd Nationally in 1998. Comprised of coaches, pro racers and regional mountain biking legends and heroes, Spokeswomen instructors provide important skill and single track tips in a perfect atmosphere for learning and sharing with other enthusiastic riders. Five 3-day camps and two Race Camps will be offered in Whistler along with camps in the BC Interior including two in Rossland and one in Kelowna and Penticton. Accommodation packages are available and offer great rates combined with the ultimate excuse for a weekend away. Find out more about Spokeswomen Mountain Bike Camps on the Internet at www.spokeswomen.com, or call 1-888-5-SPOKES.