Posted by Editor on 05/6/99
Grey Mountain Challenge, Nova Scotia
This Sunday, May 9th. The Grey Mountain Challenge, Mountain Bike race will take place. In Falmouth Nova Scotia. For more information contact Mark Kazmirski 1-(902)-492-8654. This is the 1st event of an 8 event race series with the best 5 of 8 events counting towards overall points standings.
BNS Mountain Bike Media/Results Coordinator
Kingston G.P., Ontario
Just a note to let people know that the Kingston Grandprix is going to be held on May 30th and will consist of two stages. The morning will consist of an early prologue/timetrial of 10km. The first rider will depart at 9:00 and the start order will be determined on a first come first served basis. We will accommodate all riders who show up with the last start time to be 10:30am. The course is entirely flat and freshly paved and is a one direction (ie. no turn around) course (heading east - most likely with the wind). The second stage will be a criterium in a newly paved industrial park on a 1.2km circuit. The crits will start at 12:00. The course consists of a front and back straightaway with slightly windy roads across the top and bottom. The start/finish will be midway down the starting straightaway and should be ideal for a massive sprint finale - the route is completely flat, closed, wide and with no traffic. Riders can compete in both events (G.C) or elect to do only the crit. The cost for both events is $1 more than the crit alone. The course is easy to find taking the hwy 15 exit (just East of Kingston) off the 401 and heading south for approx 1km to Innovation Drive. For more information contact Lee Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, Kingston Velo Club
Tour of Romandie, Switzerland
Stage 1 - Geneva to Val de Travers 165 km
1. Giuliano Figueras (Ita) Mapei-Quick Step 4:18:18
2. Niki Aebersold (Sui) Rabobank
3. Gabriele Missaglia (Ita) Lampre-Daikin
4. José Maria Jimenez Sastre (Esp) Banesto
5. Paolo Savoldelli (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale
6. Wladimir Belli (Ita) Festina-Lotus
7. Gorazd Stangelj (Slo) Mobilvetta-Northwave
8. Massimo Codol (Ita) Lampre-Daikin at 0:05
9. Gian Matteo Fagnini (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale 0:33
10. Oscar Camenzind (Sui) Lampre-Daikin s.t.
Four Days of Dunkerque, France
Stage 2 - Grande-Synthe to Boulogne-sur-Mer 177 km
1. Andrea Ferrigato (Ita) Ballan-Alessio 4:06:15
2. Alexander Gontchenkov (Rus) Ballan-Alessio at 0:51
3. Nicola Loda (Ita) Ballan-Alessio
4. Emmanuel Magnien (Fra) La Française des Jeux
5. Juris Silovs (Lat) Team Home-Jack & Jones
6. Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Casino
7. Cédric Vasseur (Fra) Crédit Agricole all s.t.
8. Michael Sandstod (Den) Team Home-Jack & Jones 0:55
9. Marco Milesi (Ita) Liquigas-Pata s.t.
10. François Simon (Fra) Crédit Agricole 0:57
1. Andrea Ferrigato (Ita) Ballan-Alessio 8:05:12
2. Alexander Gontchenkov (Rus) Ballan-Alessio at 0:55
3. Nicola Loda (Ita) Ballan-Alessio 0:57
4. Nicola Minali (Ita) Cantina Tollo-Alexia
5. Juris Silovs (Lat) Team Home-Jack & Jones both s.t.
6. Cédric Vasseur (Fra) Crédit Agricole 1:00
7. Emmanuel Magnien (Fra) La Française des Jeux 1:01
8. Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Casino s.t.
9. Michael Sandstod (Den) Team Home-Jack & Jones 1:06
10. Marco Milesi (Ita) Liquigas-Pata s.t.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|