Posted by Editoress on 12/20/07
The Burnaby Six Day - Top US Riders Converge on Burnaby to Topple Canadian Champions
Courtesy Glenn Barr
The Americans are Bringing in the Big Guns!!!
Top US Riders Converge on Burnaby to Topple Canadian Champions
Extreme US cycling firepower is being brought to bear at the Burnaby Six Day professional track race, taking place December 31st through January 5th at the Burnaby Velodrome. In the cross-hairs: the Canadian duo of Svein Tuft and Zach Bell of Symmetrics Cycling and the 2008 Burnaby Six Day Champion Title.
The 3rd edition of the Burnaby Six Day will see the powerful team of Tuft and Zach return to defend their title. Tuft is hot off a banner year in which he earned the UCI Americas Tour Champion title and won the US Open Championship, while Bell has been 'tuning' up his legs down under, placing 2nd in the Scratch race at the Sydney Track World Cup #1 earlier this month.
Attempting to unseat the Canadian pair is a list of 10 teams that read like the 'who's who' of North American professional track racing. At the top of that list is undoubtedly the American team of Colby Pearce and Mike Friedman (Slipstream-Chipotle), fresh off their 6th place Madison finish and Friedman's Gold medal Scratch race victory at the Beijing Track World Cup #2. But every team on that list is made up of riders that have the ability and desire to defeat Tuft and Bell and be declared the 2008 Burnaby Six Day champions.
Will Tuft and Bell defend their title against this onslaught of world class riders? Only six nights of furious racing will tell! Stay tuned for more information and for results.
1. Svein Tuft (Symmetrics) / Zach Bell (Symmetrics)
2. Colby Pearce (Slipstream Sports) / Mike Friedman (Slipstream Sports)
3. Kirk O'Bee (Healthnet) / Kenny Williams (Cody Racing)
4. Christian Meier (Symmetrics) / Cody O'Reilly (Successful Living)
5. Brad Huff (Slipstream Sports) / Brian Crosby (Major League Cycling)
6. Dave McCook (ProMan Cycling) / Roman Kilun (ProMan Cycling)
7. Kevin Suhr (Cody Racing) / Ryan Luttrell (Cody Racing)
8. Cody Campbell (Symmetrics) / Mark MacDonald (BiciSport)
9. Daniel Holloway (US National) / Iggy Silva (US National)
10. Max Vives (Calyon Litespeed) / Charlie Vives (Calyon Litespeed)
11. Will Goodfellow (Calyon Litespeed/Martin Swiss) / Mike Norton (Calyon Litespeed/Martin Swiss)
2007 - Svein Tuft / Zach Bell (Symmetrics)
For more information on the Burnaby Six Day track race, contact Glenn Barr or visit www.burnabysixday.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|