Posted by Editoress on 02/21/08
National Cycling Centre Calgary - Annual Penticton Training Camp
Courtesy Stephen Burke, Program Coordinator, Olympic Oval National Cycling Centre
FONT COLOR="#0033FF">Camp Details
- March 21 - 29, 2008.
- 7 days of cycling, covering an average of 1,000 kms and training through beautiful British Columbia.
- Ground transportation from Calgary to Penticton and return for junior athletes. Senior/adult cyclists must provide their own transportation.
- Catered meal service provided for breakfast and dinner. Cyclists must provide their own lunch and snacks, daily grocery shuttle is provided.
- Ride planning and support, daily skill sessions, video analysis, time trails, team tactics, hill climbing and sprinting provided by 3 to 4 NCCP certified coaches and support staff.
- Hotel accomodations based on 4 per room for juniors and 2 per room for adults, all with access to kitchenettes.
- Cyclists are divided into 4 to 5 riding groups based on ability.
-Each group will have vehicle support and an NCCP certified cycling coach.
FONT COLOR="#0033FF">Camp Cost
Senior/adults: $700 - $850 with meals - $900 for private room
FONT COLOR="#0033FF">To Register
Download a PDF application form from www.oval.ucalgary.ca/cycling, complete it and and fax to;
Four Hours of Power Indoor Cycling Relay
You won't want to miss this one-of-a-kind indoor cycling relay to raise money for Talisman Centre's Access Advantage Fund and to help Terrascape racer, Mical Dyck, in her quest for the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
Download the Brochure (pdf) for details.
Michael J. Zelensky, President, Terrascape Racing
Italian Festival at FCV
Courtesy Rob Good
Racing continues this Saturday night at the Forest City Velodrome. The local Italian community in London is using the evening of racing as a fund-raiser for their retirement community.
2 years ago we raised over $500 from the admission to the races we are hoping to increase the amount to $1,000.
Events include, Charriot races, Sprints, Time trials for new racers, endurance racers for the Junior & Elite men. Cadets, Juniors,Masters and Elite men & women will be featured during the racing program.
Warm-up begin at 6pm with racing starting sharp at 7pm.
Adult admission is $10, FCV members and Seniors is $5.00, Kids are always "Free".
In the next few days our new website will be launched in the next few days, take a peek at www.ForestCityVelodrome.ca
Annual Ice Race
Courtesy Ted Ingram
Held on February Saturday 16th, at Duffern Groove, Toronto ON
A great time was had by all..
1. Jim "Ice Bear" Kuz
2. Dave Dermont
3. Brooks Rapley/The Ice Stud
4. Sean Thompson
1. Briana Illingworth
2. Prisca Natterer
3. Reba Plummer
Rubber Tire - Men
1. Ted Ingram
2. Dave Dermont
3. The Ice Emperor, Albert De Ciccio
Rubber Tire - Women
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|