Posted by Editoress on 03/3/08
R.A.C.E. Riders Hit Europe
Argon 18 press release
Steve Bauer and the twelve riders of Team RACE/Planet Energy have now completed their preparation work leading to the new season.
This began with a training camp held in South Carolina's Blue Mountains region, which offered riders ample opportunity to get acquainted with the outstanding road manners of their new Gallium rigs. Lots of hours in the saddle led to much positive feedback on matters of comfort and handling once the crew had dialed in the perfect position thanks to a well- balanced geometry.
Rider enthusiasm for the new machine was all the more understandable given that some of the team members rode the last season on aluminum frames, so yes, they certainly could feel a difference!
The team has now packed its gear and flown to Europe to begin its race program there.
This European foray will occupy the entire month of March as the group takes on the peloton in countries where cycling more or less amounts to a religion, kicking off the action today with a ride in the Beverbeek Classic (UCI 1.2) in Belgium. (results posted in Daily News March 2/08 10:15 am EST - Roth & Walters Racing in Belgium)
This will be followed by the Grand Prix de Lilliers (UCI 2.2) and the Tour de Normandie (UCI 2.2) in France.
Tuft And Bell at Australian Madison Champs
Symmetrics' Svein Tuft and Zach Bell are 'down under' riding a few track and road events to kick off their 2008 season.
On March 1st they competed in the Australian Madison Championships at the Vodafone Arena in Melbourne.
According to the 'official' results they finished 8th, 5 laps down.
We have since heard that Svein was sick the day before, but was ready and raring the day of the race. The event was actually a showcase for Aussie's and the officiating was not great. So the "8th and 5 laps down" is up for some debate.
Bell and Tuft will compete in the Bendigo International Madison March 7th- through 9th.
On Sunday the guys road a local crit, Go to the Carnegie Caulfield Cycling Club wesite for report, photos and results.
1. Glenn O'Shea/Leigh Howard (Victorian Institute of Sport) 36 pts
2. Cameron Meyer/Travis Meyer (Baldwin Filters) 15
3. Miles Olman/Mitch Docker (Apex Steel) 14 (at 1 lap)
4. Sean Finning/James Langedyk (Shimano) 1 (at 3 laps)
5. David Pell/Brad Edmunds (Savings & Loans) 6 (at 3 laps)
6. Roy Pieters/Geert-Jan Jonkman (The Locker Group) 3 (at 3 laps)
7. Dale Scarf/Jackson-Leigh Rathbone (NSW Institute of Sport) 15 (at 5 laps)
8. Zach Bell/Svein Tuft (Vero Insurance) 4 (at 5 laps)
9. Sebastian Donadio/Juan Gaspari (Assos Cycling Apparel) 2 (at 5 laps)
10. Hamish Taylor/Casey Munro (De Grandi Cycle & Sport) 1 (at 5 laps)
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|