Posted by Editoress on 03/11/08
Phil Cortes (Amore e Vita-McDonald's Pro Cycling team) sent us an update from his latest race - Tour Ivoirien de la Paix Cycliste, a 6 stage , 6 day, 797.7 km stage race in Ivory Coast, Africa.
Just a quick to let you know that I finished 5th Monday in the 4th stage of the Tour Ivoirien de la Paix Cycliste (2.1) in the Ivory coast. I was in the break of 5, attacking at 3km to go, got caught then attacked again with 1 to go, but got caught 300m before the line.
Stage 4: Zoukougbeu to Man, 140km
1. Jimmy Engoulvent (Credit Agricole) 3:25:44
2. Mathieu Claude (Bouygues Telecom)
3. Sergio Lagana (LPR Brakes)
4. Clemens Fankhauser (Elk Haus Simplon), all s.t.
5. Phil Cortes (Amore & Vita-McDonald's) at 0:07
6. Rony Martias (Bouygues Telecom) 1:29
7. Nicholas Roche (Credit Agricole)
8. Matteo Montaguti (LPR Brakes)
9. Graziano Gasparre (Amore & Vita-McDonald's)
10. Berket Yemane (Erythree National) all s.t.
Phil Cortes, Amore e Vita-McDonald's Pro Cycling team
Note: Phil was 60th in stage 1, 41st on Stage 2, 66th on Stage 3. He sits 38th in GC after Stage 4.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|